Wrapping the F, in a livery?

Anything F-Type related......
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Looking at it from a design perspective I think there needs to be a reason to put graphics on a car body. For example, advertising/branding or attempting to trick the eye and give the car a different visual form/proportion/balance etc...and then of course there are reasons that are perhaps more personal to the owner who wants to be different.
It's all good I reckon....each to their own and all that.
Would I do it to my F-Type? No. Unlikely for the following reasons:
- I don't want to advertise anything and I don't want my car to stand out too much in case it attracts the wrong sort of attention.
- The form of the car works beautifully without any graphics. It doesn't need anything to make it look 'better'. I don't think it's a terrible thing to do, but if it is done, it needs to be done well......I reckon that's a huge challenge....You can't perfect perfection... :D

I might consider a single colour wrap however, if I get bored of the original colour as I intend to keep the car for a good while.

That's just my opinion, but if you have the itch to have a go, why not....It's not permanent.....You only live once.
Last edited by The Jagster on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

Pritchard

Post by Pritchard »

: )

I had planned to do it on my last project (350z), but someone said a one line that i wont forget: ''if i saw your car with that livery, i would expect to walk up to it and see inside a rollcage, extinquiers, and buckets.''

idea being, it should be a track spec car. that comment stopped me from doing it.

on the F, i feel a little different. not sure why - as it still has leather seats and aircon! lol.
as for livery branding, i have no preference. its more of the colour scheme that interest me visually.

i do pop to the track/ skid days inthe F, so it does see some action.
Lucky 7

Post by Lucky 7 »

The Jagster wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am Looking at it from a design perspective I think there needs to be a reason to put graphics on a car body. For example, advertising/branding or attempting to trick the eye and give the car a different visual form/proportion/balance etc...and then of course there are reasons that are perhaps more personal to the owner who wants to be different.
It's all good I reckon....each to their own and all that.
Would I do it to my F-Type? No. Unlikely for the following reasons:
- I don't want to advertise anything and I don't want my car to stand out too much in case it attracts the wrong sort of attention.
- The form of the car works beautifully without any graphics. It doesn't need anything to make it look 'better'. I don't think it's a terrible thing to do, but if it is done, it needs to be done well......I reckon that's a huge challenge....You can't perfect perfection... :D

I might consider a single colour wrap however, if I get bored of the original colour as I intend to keep the car for a good while.

That's just my opinion, but if you have the itch to have a go, why not....It's not permanent.....You only live once.
my sentiments exactly.
Having said that, i'll be going to Le Mans again next year and this time probably taking the F... so along with the other 2 or 3 cars in our convoy i'll be adorning small areas of the beast with some sort of livery. I think for a 1 off trip I don't mind dropping a few quid on some graphics i can apply myself for a few days. Naturally, the wife thinks we're all a bunch of big kids... and how right she is :)
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Lucky 7 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:10 am...............Naturally, the wife thinks we're all a bunch of big kids... and how right she is :)
...Sometimes a mans got to do what mans got to do ;)
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Realise this is an old topic but am tempted by a single body wrap - car is currently Caldera red - I liked the orange that was an option on the F-Type so tempted by that colour

has anyone any experience with having their car full body wrapped
Tel

Post by Tel »

Backofthenet wrote: ↑Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:24 pm has anyone any experience with having their car full body wrapped
Yep!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

The Jagster wrote: ↑Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:43 pm
Lucky 7 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:10 am...............Naturally, the wife thinks we're all a bunch of big kids... and how right she is :)
...Sometimes a mans got to do what mans got to do ;)
Exactly....let the boy in the man out sometimes πŸ˜‚
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.