carbon fibre ebgine cover

Anything F-Type related......
car

Post by car »

hi everyone trying to decide wether it is worth buying a carbon fibre engine cover please tell me your thoughts thank you

dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Definitely. Why not go all out and get a carbon fibre windscreen too :roll:
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Interesting question ...

I am a fan of CF and have used it for performance gains in terms of weight reduction.

Can I ask what other parts you've chosen in carbon finish? Are they all to be cosmetic? If you're pursuing a CF theme then I look forward to seeing one very specially personalised F-type.

As for the engine cover, I think if you do then you'll be chasing no end of replacement parts and doing this runs the risk of having to find multiple providers ... and with this often comes quality issues, lay up, different weave and in turn, instead of it looking like a complete project you run the risk of it looking low quality.

If the under bonnet is purely for the wow factor often associated with CF since it became an almost must have display on most modern high end sports cars (albeit because they are genuinely built with CF), then have you considered carbon dipping? I've seen this used very successfully for this type of deployment ... maybe worth considering ...

And if dipping is not for you, then maybe buy some used parts and have them overplayed in real CF matting so long as you use a good craftsman ...

Hope this helps with your decision making ....

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
car

Post by car »

i have a f type r coupe in metallic white Exterior Colours Yulong White Wheels 20" 6 Split-Spoke 'Style 6003' with Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish
380mm front and 376mm rear brakes with Red brake calipers Fixed Rear Spoiler Adaptive LED headlights with LED signature Daytime Running Light
R Performance seats Performance seats Pimento/Ebony premium leather facings with Pimento stitch, R embossed headrests and premium leather interior(TP19) Carbon Fibre centre console Headlining Ebony Morzine R Branded leather steering wheel with Silver gearshift paddles
Pedals Bright metal pedals seatbelts Ebony Carpets Ebony

OPTIONAL FEATURES

Exterior Carbon Fibre Pack
includes
Carbon Bonnet Louvres Carbon Fibre Side Vents Carbon Fibre Door Mirror Caps Gloss Black Side Window Surround Gloss Black Grille Surround Body-Coloured Aerodynamic Splitter Body-Coloured Extended Side Sills

Climate Pack 2

Two-zone Climate Control Heated windscreen Heated and cooled front seats Heated steering wheel

Driver Condition Monitor Front parking aid Rear View Camera
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Definitely a weight saving modification.....if you pay for these carbon fibre parts using gold coins that you normally carry with you in the car........People will compare you to some of the most talented racing drivers in the world, if you have bits of CF trim on show around your car.

Just think.....It could be like you're a motoring legend...even when you're sitting in the traffic on your way between mansions.

So what are you waiting for........Just lighten up!
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Car, sounds like your car is a great spec. Can we see some photos of it?
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

He'll have to move his multi million £ car collection and private jet out of the way to take some pictures first.
I think his butler is on holiday today.
IRR V8R,
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Haha this car troll cracks me up
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
davidd

Post by davidd »

Is the engine cover just cosmetic? If so then remove it and save some weight that way.
Tel

Post by Tel »

The engine cover, be it CF or plastic is the first thing to be removed and stored in the loft.
This improves cooling/heat soak and loses a few grams in weight!

Surely the multitasking butler could make you one ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩