Leaving the car parked up

Anything F-Type related......
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

Having fallen off a ladder yesterday and dislocated my shoulder / torn ligaments in my knee and groin, it appears I won't be driving for several weeks.
The car will be in the garage so was wondering best way to keep it - I have a Ctek charger (cig lighter adapter) so best to use it?

Also, is it best to leave it unlocked or would the alarm/ immobiliser drain the battery if locked up?

Cheers
IRR V8R,

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Sorry to hear about the accident / sounds nasty

Connect the ctek lock and forget it. Way too short a time to worry about anything else
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

Cheers

I'd read elsewhere about issues with the electrics arising from not being driven?
IRR V8R,
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Issues aren't a problem locked if you have a trickle charger. Ctek ones are fine but make sure it's connected correctly to the battery bus in your boot like the jag/ctek one. I have a trickle charger (the jag one) and it's great. Leave it locked with alarm on when being trickle charged is fine.
These modern batteries start losing charge with anything longer than a couple of weeks with no use. Especially over winter months.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
steveh

Post by steveh »

Ouch, does sound nasty. I hate climbing ladders personally, wish you a speedy recovery. I'm sure your car will be fine.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Ouch, sorry to hear about your accident, hope you recover soon.
Maybe worth putting a few extra PSI into the tyres if she is going to sit for a while.
As others have said, wire the battery conditioner in the boot as per the Jaguar bulletin.
Otherwise no issues should be noticed.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

JurassicF wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:53 pm Ouch, sorry to hear about your accident, hope you recover soon.
Maybe worth putting a few extra PSI into the tyres if she is going to sit for a while.
As others have said, wire the battery conditioner in the boot as per the Jaguar bulletin.
Otherwise no issues should be noticed.
I wouldn’t even consider the tyres for 6 weeks, especially as op is injured.
A mile down the road they will be warm and perfect. 6 months - then of course
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more