Dealer prep

Anything F-Type related......
robt

Post by robt »

Anyone heard this one !! Took the car back in yesterday one of the items was the gravel rash between door and wheel arch , I was then told if you stand 2 mtr away and it's not visible then it's not covered in the used approved !! I then said had I noticed it when I was buying it then had it been a deal breaker probabilities would have been you would have done it , to which they are now doing it so why the stand off !!

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

To confirm. You have a used approved & can claim for gravel rash under the 2-Year Warranty?

Is this not classed as wear & tear?

Asking for a friend! πŸ˜„
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
robt

Post by robt »

Just to clarify yes I have used app , after I had collected the car I noticed a few items one of them being the gravel rash and duly informed them , it was only when I eventually took it back yesterday I got the 2 mtr thing , it may help to know the dealer is a 350 mile round trip for me so not just a case of popping in , also I have over the years bought 11 land rovers from them mix of vouges , discos , sports ect two of which I still have , so as I said to mr jaguar man I don't feel I need to go over the car with a fine toothcomb on collection besides which when I collected the car it was raining very heavy and as you know when the car is wet the rash is not that apparent
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

robt wrote: ↑Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:31 pm Just to clarify yes I have used app , after I had collected the car I noticed a few items one of them being the gravel rash and duly informed them , it was only when I eventually took it back yesterday I got the 2 mtr thing , it may help to know the dealer is a 350 mile round trip for me so not just a case of popping in , also I have over the years bought 11 land rovers from them mix of vouges , discos , sports ect two of which I still have , so as I said to mr jaguar man I don't feel I need to go over the car with a fine toothcomb on collection besides which when I collected the car it was raining very heavy and as you know when the car is wet the rash is not that apparent
Was your dealer Guy Salmon by chance? I got told that 2 metre nonsense
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thank you for the explanation. Thought you'd had it a few months then flagged it up πŸ˜„

I'd looked over mine quite carefully prior to purchase. Only after a few washes, when I cast my mind over every inch, did I spot a few nicks & the gravel rash. It is more apparent on the near side.

Hope it all goes well πŸ‘
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post