Vmax200

Anything F-Type related......
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

Hi All

http://www.vmax200.com

I have just signed up for Vmax200 in March next year. Its basically blasting up a 2 mile runway to explore the cars acceleration and top end speed.

I have never done anything like this before and wondered what peoples thoughts were on what settings to put the car in to achieve top end speed as quick as possible. Sport mode? or is that lower end acceleration? I would have thought dynamic mode. Use the manual settings?

I have a factory standard 340bhp model so I don't have launch control or adaptive dynamic settings or as much grunt as a lot of the lovely cars mentioned in this forum.

What pre checks to carryout, tire pressures, fluid levels, blind fold!!!

I should imagine I will be one of the slower cars on the day looking at the website

The top speed is meant to be 161mph but not sure if I will get that fast, will I run out of road or nerve first!!!

The airfield is near Birmingham, anyone else signed up?
V6 Coupe British Racing Green

Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

I went to one years ago with a mate.
You won't run out of road!

(Sorry, can't help with settings...)
IRR V8R,
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Relax, be smooth, and enjoy ...

Dynamic Sport and floor the throttle :D and you'll hit your cars max well before the end of the runway ... you should hit the 140 without much issue, then just wait as the aero impact slows progress ...

Unless you plan to loads of runs I would simply ensure all levels are as factory. If doing multiple runs consider dropping tyre pressure by a couple psi all round ...

Be safe and photos/videos welcome on your return
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Check your tyres very carefully and check them again.
Look for any bulges or cuts especially on the inner walls out of sight.
As someone who had a rear tyre blow at over 100 mph once (Yes it was legal) it's not something you want to experience!
:lol:
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

Thanks all for the Tips and advice.
dave_Sw1

Post by dave_Sw1 »

I might go to this, was planning on going to the September one in the SVR but got a puncture, which has been professionally repaired with a mushroom plug from the inside, but i'm not going to risk seeing if it will do 200mph with a repaired tyre! I know its fine for normal use but not that sort of thing, no doubt i'll have got through the P-zeros by March and be onto some lovely Michelin PS4's
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

dave_Sw1 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:01 am I might go to this, was planning on going to the September one in the SVR but got a puncture, which has been professionally repaired with a mushroom plug from the inside, but i'm not going to risk seeing if it will do 200mph with a repaired tyre! I know its fine for normal use but not that sort of thing, no doubt i'll have got through the P-zeros by March and be onto some lovely Michelin PS4's
Didn't think that the convertible could achieve 200mph Dave :lol: Have you still got Vmax mode on yours?

Also a word of warning I was informed that a M5 didn't stop in time and suffered considerable damage although luckily the driver was reported as being ok.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Personally I would not bother with these flat out down a straight runs. Not sure what it tells me, nor does it stir me..
I take my cars to Curborough, NE of Brum and play there. You can have an expert sit in show you how to drive and experience accelerating, braking and cornering on a small circuit 1 lap at a time.
Sadly I think it’s too late this year, but google Curborough track days for some videos to whet the appetite
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Curborough is a great track to learn on, a really good variety of bends. Used to sprint my Caterham 7 there frequently, in my younger days, so did my wife to even better effect given the trophies she won! :D
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

Well, I had a great day. The conditions were wet so it was a bit scary.

Lots of modified and high end cars, but I wasn't too shabby in my stock 340.

Best top end combination was Dynamic, sports mode on start up to 120 then pop in to normal.

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4790.JPG