Vmax200

Anything F-Type related......
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

I was in the blue SVR buddy, may I ask why you popped it in normal at 120mph?

I ran the SVR in wet mode for most part of the day as it was hooking up brilliant in that mode as the AWD is locked at 50/50 split. I did try dynamic Vmax mode and it got a little sideways off the line due to being 90% RWD but I found even once into triple digits acceleration seem unchanged between wet and dynamic.

As such I settled for rain mode, track DSC and manual gears seemed to work best for me, in fact the SVR pretty much monster every car off the line.
Unfortunately I was never brave enough to run my car all the way to the brake boards before braking, I was always braking early especially after seeing the 911 Turbo S spin off next to me and total his car.

probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

Hi Gibbo,

I was most impressed with your SVR and had a fair bit of V8 envy.

I found the best way for me was to start in sport mode and then drop out of sport at about 120 so it changed up quicker and didn't hold the gears so long.
To get the top speed I did push it past the brake point and was then standing on the brakes. The concrete was very slippery and I tried to scrub off most of the speed on the runway grippy stuff.

I knew there was an incident with a car but couldn't find out much about it. I bet that was scary to witness. I hadn't realised he had damaged his car.
V6 Coupe British Racing Green
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

probbins2000 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 am Hi Gibbo,

I was most impressed with your SVR and had a fair bit of V8 envy.

I found the best way for me was to start in sport mode and then drop out of sport at about 120 so it changed up quicker and didn't hold the gears so long.
To get the top speed I did push it past the brake point and was then standing on the brakes. The concrete was very slippery and I tried to scrub off most of the speed on the runway grippy stuff.

I knew there was an incident with a car but couldn't find out much about it. I bet that was scary to witness. I hadn't realised he had damaged his car.

Yes there was an incident on first run, cannot remember if that was a BMW or Porsche but the driver did not listen about building up speed and just went for it on first run and braked at brake boards but too gently and went straight on into the field and caused some damage to front-end.

The big off was a 911 Turbo S racing myself, I had him upto 120mph, then he went pass, I braked about 600 yards short of the brake boards at around 180mph and he carried on full chat. He hit the brakes at the brake boards, I guess very hard as his car lost control, he went on the grass and then proceeded to spin and bounce, thankfully he did not roll but the car was pretty smashed up, so a sad ending to his day and a very expensive one.
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

V6 Coupe British Racing Green
davidd

Post by davidd »

That's an excellent set of videos, thanks for posting. Interesting about the GTR, they are utter monsters off the line. You need to do it again in the dry ;)
Tel

Post by Tel »

4.3 to the gallon...superb - needs to be posted on the Prius forums ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Tel wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:28 pm 4.3 to the gallon...superb - needs to be posted on the Prius forums ;-)
Haha! Great thread. 😁