Extended side skirts without extended front splitter?

Anything F-Type related......
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Long story short...

Car was in for first service and technician accidentally damaged sills on the lift. No chassis damage, just external. Dealer obviously replacing sills.

Car is in at the moment and they've realised the wrong sills have been ordered (and painted). It's the 400 Sport sills with the extended side skirts. The skirts are in matching body colour (ultimate black metallic) rather than the grey on the 400 Sport itself.

To save further hassle they have said we can just have these higher spec sills. I think they'll look great but I'm worried it might look odd if we don't also have the extended front splitter.

Thoughts?

Have told them to go ahead but with the caveat that I might change my mind when I see the car. Picking it up tonight but just wanted thoughts from you guys.

The car is black so I hope it'll look good as the side skirts are also black.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate

Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

The front splitter is grey on these isn't it?

Think it'd look odd having black sills / grey splitter personally.
IRR V8R,
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Hmmm this question of to paint the sills in with the colour of the car or pick them out has caused me a lot of thinking ...so I have gone safe at the moment ,I am having the cills and front splitter in the same as the car.... that is white ....delivered in a few weeks .....

If I think sooner or later I would like them different its not too bigger job to do later......I think that goes for you too....
davidd

Post by davidd »

A picture would be good ...
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Leo's Big Nipple wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:06 am The front splitter is grey on these isn't it?

Think it'd look odd having black sills / grey splitter personally.
I've obviously not explained clearly enough . . .

I don't have a 400. I have a 340.

The dealer has ordered the 400 sill by mistake but it will all be painted the same (ultimate black) body colour as my car - including the extended side skirts section of the sill.

I do not have the extended splitter on the front. If I did get it, the splitter would also be painted to match the body colour, not grey.

My question is - do you think it will look wrong to have the (body coloured) side skirts without the (body coloured) front splitter?

Now not getting the car back until tomorrow but will post a picture when I've got it. Was just curious for people's thoughts before I get it as once I decide and take the car away, I can't change my mind. I can, however, change my mind when I see it, so will just go with my gut when I see how it looks.

D
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

I think you will really need to see it before you can make up your mind....If you have any doubts ....dont take it !!!!!!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I think the first 'R' models had side sill extensions without a 400 style front splitter. These cars have always looked good, so I can't imagine this is going to look much different. It could be a very good result from an unfortunate incident. As you say, it's only when you see the car that you'll be able to make a decision. Although, I'd be quite happy with some side sills fitted for free, even if I had to then pay for a splitter myself.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Thanks guys. Yeah, I do think it'll look good and if I'm not 100% sure I'll just refuse them. But do agree it's a positive outcome from an unfortunate situation. Might even then pay for the front splitter at some point as suggested.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Don’t know if it helps but I fitted the 400 sills painted in body colour on mine. They are not the same as the R, being somewhere between that and the Project 7, although Jaguar mix and swap all the time.
Please ignore the farm dust on them, but should give the idea. They are matched to the SVR front, but would work equally on stock.

0BEA7292-BD33-407B-A172-FA100EB582E2.jpeg

029776D0-93BD-4DF1-BD58-1E829462346A.jpeg

BB05208D-2350-460D-B87F-817372C25C69.jpeg

2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

They’re bigger than the ones on my R.
Wouldn’t mind the 400 splitter either.
IRR V8R,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post