Injectors

Anything F-Type related......
PhilM

Post by PhilM »

Oh dear...or words to that effect. Managed about 8 miles since picking up the car and the engine warning light has come on! Waiting for a lift to work and trying to stay calm but worst fears seem to be materialising.

davidd

Post by davidd »

Sorry to read this, hoping it is not serious...
PhilM

Post by PhilM »

Oh dear...or words to that effect. Driven about 8 miles since collecting car and engine warning light is back on! Dropped car back at dealers and waiting now on a phone call to tell me what the hell is going on. Deeply disappointed, but it was predictable given they don't understand why failure occurred in first place.
PhilM

Post by PhilM »

Catalytic converter changed. Jaguar have covered full cost - apart from the cost of a hire car for the week while car was off the road. Still feeling like I've lost faith in the car and it's definitely taken the shine off owning it. Have bought a hideously expensive extended warranty from Jaguar as I just don't trust it. Might look into 3rd party warranties next year depending on relative cost and cover provided.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Glad it’s back on the road. Are they saying that the car and injector issues are connected ?
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

This is the problem .. there is no full route cause analysis ? just changing parts

so are all our car ticking time bombs ... just like Russian roulette I suppose

When I have to fix problems at work I have to complete full breakdown analysis (fish bone .. y/y example route cause) and come up with a proven validated systemic fix .. just changing parts does not do this, unless the quality of the injectors are shit
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

How much was the Jaguar extended warranty?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Nick

Post by Nick »

Between £680 and £780 a year go to the Jag site and enter your details it will come up with a quote for you.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post