Good review on the F-type V6 vs V8

Anything F-Type related......
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

b26354 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 am
For me it is an emotional thing. Coming from TVR V8's and GTR's the V6 (380) just did not give me the rush I need when I pressed on. A great car but the v8 gave me the shove in the back I was looking for.
I agree - I went from an XKR to a F-type S and it never felt quite right. Too many gears and a bit too much wheelspin off the line. It seemed like it was constantly trying to find the right gear for the rev range. It was fun but i didn't feel like home after the XKR. I may have enjoyed a manual or an AWD V6 more.

But I just upgraded to a MY18 SVR and being able to ask for a bit more speed while driving sedately without it snapping down a gear (or 2) is nice. And the couple of times I've had a chance to floor it is definitely a wake up.

Plus there's a (very) steep hill on the way home that I can comfortably get up in 4th now (instead of the V6 eventually deciding half way up that 2nd was appropriate) .
Welcome to the SVR club ;)
We all buy our cars for different reasons and having awd sports cars for the last 4 cars I liked the security of driving in all weathers that the awd gives.

In farness to the original link that I posted up the "reviewer" who is no expert but does own quite a few fast cars was only giving his views,
in fairness if you look back at his previous video's he did have a V6 for a while hence his views when comparing the V6 to the V8.
My own opinion is that I like them all but coming from a 375bhp awd Focus RS I just wanted that bit more usable power that the V8 AWD SVR gives. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post