Good review on the F-type V6 vs V8

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

PhilB wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 am As a neutral party (apart from my engine) I have to say I didn't see much of a review of the V6?
I didn't find it a V6 versus V8 review apart from comparing the tailpipes.
Out of the 20 odd minutes 17 minutes or so was driving the V8 and all about the handling and the noises etc .
When he did finally get behind the wheel of the V6 for the last couple of minutes, it was trunding along in traffic telling us why the V8 is better.
As I said I'm neutral but if I was looking at comparing the two I don't feel he gave equal time to the V6 in comparing like for like.
Just my humble two cents...............
:D
Hi Phil

Also if you notice at 16.03 in the clip the rear spoiler rises .. and he said only doing 60 ?? well the spoiler rises as 72 mph .. I know because I own one
and also agree not really a V6 review at all in my opinion

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Where do all these opinionated 'experts' come from?
Deleted User 1088

Aitch wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm Where do all these opinionated 'experts' come from?
I am no expert if that was aimed at me .. just have a opinion thats all ;)
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

kaspa wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:25 pm
Aitch wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm Where do all these opinionated 'experts' come from?
Not at all. I was referring to all the youtube reviewers.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and in the opinions of the finest marine engineers of the day, the Titanic was unsinkable.
Deleted User 1088

Aitch wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:29 pm
kaspa wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:25 pm
Not at all. I was referring to all the youtube reviewers.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and in the opinions of the finest marine engineers of the day, the Titanic was unsinkable.
Hello Aitch .. you beat me to it, I was just about to delete my post .. as realized afterwards this is what you meant
please accept my apologies

note to self .. stop being so sensitive :D
Deleted User 1088

anyway increased my post count :lol:
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

kaspa wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:34 pm anyway increased my post count :lol:
Keep 'em coming. 🤣😃
howard

Post by howard »

The review seemed to major on the noisy exhaust and not a lot esle. Sports cars ( is the F type really a sports car weighing what t does) are about performance in the widest sense
steveh

Post by steveh »

Talking of so called experts I have just taken delivery of an EX R Sport. I was looking up reviews on YouTube as you do and found this one were the presenter walked to the back of the car, pointed to the 25t badge and said “2.5 litre engine” there was me thinking I had a two litre!
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
b26354

Post by b26354 »

For me it is an emotional thing. Coming from TVR V8's and GTR's the V6 (380) just did not give me the rush I need when I pressed on. A great car but the v8 gave me the shove in the back I was looking for.
I agree - I went from an XKR to a F-type S and it never felt quite right. Too many gears and a bit too much wheelspin off the line. It seemed like it was constantly trying to find the right gear for the rev range. It was fun but i didn't feel like home after the XKR. I may have enjoyed a manual or an AWD V6 more.

But I just upgraded to a MY18 SVR and being able to ask for a bit more speed while driving sedately without it snapping down a gear (or 2) is nice. And the couple of times I've had a chance to floor it is definitely a wake up.

Plus there's a (very) steep hill on the way home that I can comfortably get up in 4th now (instead of the V6 eventually deciding half way up that 2nd was appropriate) .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post