Childish fun

Anything F-Type related......
OB123

Post by OB123 »

i use the remote start on cold mornings - i live in an apartment block and the car is parked outside - however as i leave at 6.30am I do park as far away as possible so as not to upset my 30 neighbors ....

More fun tho is starting the car be[fore i leave work - first time i did the guys in the car park were just blown away
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Be interesting to see how you get on with remote starting if the area it's used in is classified as a public highway. That's illegal under the Highway code. Lots of tickets issued, fines, etc. Believe the office is called 'Quitting'

Equally although the car door is locked if it's stolen then the insurance doesn't cover it

Not applicable to the remote starting, but around us lots of high powered cars get stolen each Winter by opportunists who cruise around seeking them out
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
steveh

Post by steveh »

I tried it on my wife’s XE, aparantly it dosn’t Work unless the car is locked so I locked it first, started it remotely and unlocked it and it kept going. So much for the legality’s. 😊
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

steveh wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:05 pm I tried it on my wife’s XE, aparantly it dosn’t Work unless the car is locked so I locked it first, started it remotely and unlocked it and it kept going. So much for the legality’s. 😊
Steve.
Similar oddities on my XF that you can start the car, walk away with the key and still drive off. Runs happily until you switch off or runs out of fuel. Nice for thieves to know if you hop out to say open the garage door or a gate, leave it de-icing , etc.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
steveh

Post by steveh »

That happened to me with the F Type. The car was driven out to me after getting something done and I drove away and noticed a message on the screen that said “smart key not present” so I had to go back. I was just on my way to get Petrol, good job I saw the message, could have been embarrassing! 😡
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
JagMad

Post by JagMad »

Lunar wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 pm I do miss remote starting my XE with heated seats and front screen and waving s little hi through the window to my neighbour stood there scraping away 😬
Walk out 5 mins later and drive off while he’s still stood there 😂
With a smug self satisfied look on your face rofl!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hell yes :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust