USB drive recognition

Anything F-Type related......
ead

Post by ead »

I've had a good search on hear using a few different terms but haven't found quite what I'm looking for so here goes...

I made a USB stick up with a bunch of music for my MY15 F Type Coupe but the system isn't seeing it when I plug it in. Is there something I need to do to make this happen? Same problem with by iPod Nano Gen3.

Thanks in advance.

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

File format?
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Yes I thought File Format which should be Fat 32 I understand. Also bitrate, some people have reported problems with 256 and above.
What is puzzling is that your iPod doesn’t play, you have of course selected it as the audio source?
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
mbes2

Post by mbes2 »

I run a 32gb USB key full of music with no issues, all files are detected and play
v6s 380 Salsa Red Convertible, Performance seats , black leather re stitching, 20" Cyclone Gloss Black running 305/30, Meridian 380w, Black bonnet/side vents/mirrors & windscreen surround. Just all round sexy looking :D
ead

Post by ead »

I formatted the stick in FAT32 but can't recall what the individual music files are. Fairly sure there will be a mix of MP3, and ACC type files. Not sure what the bit rate is but it will be the default iTunes setting 192 from memory.

Ref the iPod it doesn't show up to be selected as the audio source so a bit scuppered there. Stuff streams off my phone OK but that it limited capacity and I'd rather have the whole CD collection on a stick.

As far as I can tell the stick works fine in my day to day chariot (Ford Focus).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post