Adaptive Dynamics Fault

Anything F-Type related......
tonyst42

Post by tonyst42 »

I’m the proud new owner of a 2014 V8S

All was fine on the drive home after purchasing until I gave it some beans in dynamic mode and in manual mode.

Soon after the dynamic mode was disabled by the computer and would not select ice mode or dynamic, error message appeared.

I stopped and restarted and it cleared but soon after the same error has appeared

Anyone had anything similar? Any ideas?

E360E9F6-9420-4F46-B270-31ED3ECA59AF.jpeg

00CF05B4-F8F2-48D5-BDDC-9CC3A78D0A09.jpeg

Last edited by tonyst42 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

It may help if you could say what the error message was.
tonyst42

Post by tonyst42 »

I’m pretty sure it said

Dynamic Mode Unavailable

Basically it wouldn’t allow me to select dynamic or winter modes and disabled the switch
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Has it returned or was it just the once?

Two theories - the battery needs a good charge (the electronics on these things are sensitive - especially on low battery) Had you just picked the car up from the dealership?

The diff at the rear is playing up (rare).

I'd be inclined to say battery. They do prefer to have a battery conditioner plugged on them.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Same thing happened to me - I pulled away rather sharpish whilst steering slightly right whilst in dynamic mode.
Same message popped up but after switching off and back on again it never reappeared.
IRR V8R
tonyst42

Post by tonyst42 »

Thanks gents

I believe the warning was adaptive dynamics fault

Any recommendations on a battery conditioner?

It’s done 12000 miles so I agree unlike to be the diff
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Quite a few of us are using the Ctek MXS 5.0 which is the same as the Jaguar branded accessory but cheaper.

It's also useful to have a Ctek extension cable, so the charger doesn't need to be in the boot when plugged in. There are previous posts showing photos of where the connections should be made to the car.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
tonyst42

Post by tonyst42 »

Thanks All, been out all day and had Dynamic on and scaring all that pass by....all seems fine but i shall invest in a trickle charger.

Day 2....Happy smiles.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Get the CTEK - has been very good and cheaper than the official jaguar condition (which is a CTEK anyway but less capable)
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
DannyMac99

Post by DannyMac99 »

Hi

I’ve had the same problem with my V6S- I found it was happening every now and then especially when in traffic when the auto start stop kicked in- I’d turned the car off then on and it would clear straight away. I brought my car in March this year and the car spent more time in the garage for the first few months with them changing parts to ‘fix’ it- finally in October during its service they changed a tolerance on one of the sensors (unfortunately I can’t remember which one) as they were finding the same issue on the f-pace, XE and XF- not F-type. They say the fault is due to a drop in voltage therefore change the tolerance would stop the fault. At the moment the fault has not come back again (fingers crossed). I was taking it to Fox Jaguar in Derby so could be worth contacting them for the details.

Hope it helps and you get it sorted- really frustrated me when it happened but much happier now

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post