Which side skirts are these?

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scz4 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:30 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 am You can retrofit any sideskirt to any mode so no need to limit the search to cars with them fitted.
It's doable DIY if you have some skill as all you need to do is remove the sill, template 18 bolts, drill the sill and refit. I did it to mine in a morning

Personally I prefer the latest 400 series that are just slightly wider but have a nice surface contour design
Yeah I since found and read your post relating to this... I changed side skirts on my Z4M (aero skirts) so ok with basic stuff like that.

Did you ever retrofit the rear diff-user? I'm sure you mentioned this. I see there is a place on ebay selling them brand new (painted) for £350.
It’s a lot harder than on the Z4 as they were a direct swap to change to aero, but a nice technical challenge

Rear diffuser is in my garage. Split and ready to spray. Worked out how to fit led figs and reversing, so that’s solved. Just need to decide if to wrap the diffuser bit in carbon, dip it, or spray black gloss. Then of course time to do it...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

scz4

Post by scz4 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 pm It’s a lot harder than on the Z4 as they were a direct swap to change to aero, but a nice technical challenge

Rear diffuser is in my garage. Split and ready to spray. Worked out how to fit led figs and reversing, so that’s solved. Just need to decide if to wrap the diffuser bit in carbon, dip it, or spray black gloss. Then of course time to do it...
Yeah fair enough, that was plug and play to be fair. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your skirts? From Jag, or used buy?

Personally I think the colour coded option is the best.....

Like this..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Gen ... SwkvRZzr5l
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Skirts brand new in primer from Jag. Won’t post price to be fair to supplier. Sprayed colour coded

Rear rear diffuser was £150 ebay, same colour as your link item. Will def have the orange part sprayed stratus Grey. Decision is on the other part
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Fair enough, feel free to drop me a PM with cost if you like.

Look forward to seeing the final pictures and how easy it is to fit.

Certainly doesn't sound like I need to find a car with the Design Pack now at least.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Hi,

Just wondering if you ever got your diffuser fitted and how easy (or difficult) a job it turned out to be.

G
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s sprayed cf wrapped (by me) and needs some minor fettling to make the fog/reverse lights fit. Been mega busy for weeks so it’s sat waiting to fit
Hope to get it done but it’s an easy mod to do
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post