Which side skirts are these?

Anything F-Type related......
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Hi,

I've been semi looking at F-Types, more just monitoring specs and prices for next year. But just noticed this car for sale (was a private sale last week) and wasn't sure which side skirts (black trim) these are? Certainly not standard on a V6S

I most definitely want the "Design Pack" as I feel the standard car is a bit weak side and same for the rear valance. But this looks good to me, nice compromise and won't be so vulnerable to stone chips. Any ideas? Can it be retrofitted?

G

Arne

Post by Arne »

It looks to be the side skirts that came with the OEM 14 and 15 models.

Here is my OEM 2015 R:

IMAG1745-1.jpg

I would think they could be retrofitted, but I am not 100% shure.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Thanks.... would be good to know as it would certainly open up option of cars to buy if the design pack wasn't essential.

Is the rear diffuser easy to replace with the "design pack" one?
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Were these standard on the R models?
What was the design pack ?
IRR V8R
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Those are the same I have on my V6S. They WERE standard on the black pack once upon a time.

IMG_3456.JPG

MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Arne

Post by Arne »

I am pretty shure they were standard on the R-model at that year. What is optional (exterior) on mine is the black pack + carbon wents on hood, side and Mirrors. But I am pretty shure that black (small) sideskirts where standard - and the same with the rear diffusor.

909.jpg

908.jpg

Myer

Post by Myer »

Sorry Arne not a lot of point disguising your Norwegian registration number on the rear as your first photograph clearly displays it!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You can retrofit any sideskirt to any mode so no need to limit the search to cars with them fitted.
It's doable DIY if you have some skill as all you need to do is remove the sill, template 18 bolts, drill the sill and refit. I did it to mine in a morning

Personally I prefer the latest 400 series that are just slightly wider but have a nice surface contour design
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scz4

Post by scz4 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 am You can retrofit any sideskirt to any mode so no need to limit the search to cars with them fitted.
It's doable DIY if you have some skill as all you need to do is remove the sill, template 18 bolts, drill the sill and refit. I did it to mine in a morning

Personally I prefer the latest 400 series that are just slightly wider but have a nice surface contour design
Yeah I since found and read your post relating to this... I changed side skirts on my Z4M (aero skirts) so ok with basic stuff like that.

Did you ever retrofit the rear diff-user? I'm sure you mentioned this. I see there is a place on ebay selling them brand new (painted) for £350.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Myer wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 am Sorry Arne not a lot of point disguising your Norwegian registration number on the rear as your first photograph clearly displays it!
I don't try to disguise the reg.number. First photograph is taken by me (this year), and the two last ones are taken by the detailer a couple of years ago for him to use in his ads. He always repace the reg.number with his company name for that use.

I don't mind 😉 Not a problem in Norway.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post