The locked 400 thread...

Anything F-Type related......
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Am I missing something here?

It’s been locked after someone resurrected it (in a plainly innocent way), and then someone else includes an ‘offensive’ quote from 7 months ago and it gets locked due to bickering...

7 months ago gents.

Over moderation at its finest.
Some of you drive hairy chested 500bhp rwd cars for goodness sake.
IRR V8R

Myer

Post by Myer »

We are indeed all adults, lets not get too PC, having said that personal insults are childish but cool it on the over moderation please.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

No .. not in my opinion, no place on this forum for comments like that .. bad manners rude behaviour

sorry cant stand it to be honest .. and if they spoke like that to my face they would get a slap
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

I understand that kaspa, but it was dragged up TODAY from a post 7 months ago, and then locked.

Why quote a post like that today?
What was the point?
IRR V8R
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

LOL - What interesting banter have I missed?
(I have been looking for "400" based threads being a new owner)
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 1088

Zyp wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 pm I understand that kaspa, but it was dragged up TODAY from a post 7 months ago, and then locked.

Why quote a post like that today?
What was the point?
Hello Zyp

You are correct ,, and to be honest I did not realise how old the posts actually are until Phil mentioned it to me .. as usual I jumped straight in the deep end

But .. I do stand by my comments about being polite and constructive on this forum :)

it was a carry over post from the old forum .. but agree with your point that you made

best regards
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Hey mate, I wasn’t having a dig at you personally so hope you don’t take it as such.

Just found it a tad strange to get locked after all this time!

And I must admit, this place is a nice breath of fresh air after Pistonheads!
IRR V8R
Deleted User 1088

simpleR wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:47 pm LOL - What interesting banter have I missed?
(I have been looking for "400" based threads being a new owner)
Hello ..

As said before the 400 series model is a great F Type .. would I buy one, yes I would

all F Types are great cars (yes included the 2.0) as it makes the marque more interesting for all tastes :)

I have a 400 brochure at a price if you want ?? its a limited edition .... yes I collect all FTYPE memorabilia :roll:
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

With moderation you are often damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Like many people, it can take a while to realise that an old thread that has been resurrected is just that and Kaspa has explained why he took offence.
Yes, it was resurrected quite innocently.
However, as has also been said it was from the "previous" version of the forums and in my opinion it should have been locked down back in April.
If it had been we wouldn't have seen any "issues" now.
The OP asked for it to be locked down at the time and another member asked for the same before Rob stepped in and made his views known.
As the OP himself said, it had gone wrong from the second post.
It's now gone permanently in the bin where it should have gone long ago and where it can't cause any more misunderstandings or problems.

It has been mentioned we are all adults on here.
Quite true.
I tend to think that when you join a forum and read through posts and threads you get an idea of what is acceptable on that particular forum.
Maybe I'm wrong but I see the tone on here as being one where it's not acceptable or necessary to use abusive language or throw the C word around.
If people want to do that I hear that there are other forums around where they can do so.
I am one of the last people to "over moderate".
But there are certain things that I'm sure most members find totally unacceptable.

Is there anybody on here that thinks it's ok to have that old thread back up and running with two members openly throwing the C word at each other in posts that can still be read ?
Is there anybody who thinks it's ok to use that sort of language in posts on here now and in the future?

It's your forum so let me know and I'll adjust my moderation accordingly.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Well there we are - my eyes didn't even register the c word!

Age related I'm sure...

And I didn't even know there was a former version of this forum.
Everyday is indeed a school day!
IRR V8R