Dealer recommendations for servicing

Anything F-Type related......
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

According to the jaguar website fixed priced servicing table for an F type is major service £445 and an interim £325

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... icing.html

Regards
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

Nick

Post by Nick »

It seems each dealer makes up there own price plan, never had 2 quotes the same
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I've decided to have my F serviced at a reputable Jaguar independent garage from now on. The car is 5 years old this March (i've got a very early one) and it's booked in next month.

I had the big 4 years service done last year and was quoted as much as £800 when really the big difference is changing the air filters which take time to get at apparently.. I got it done for a lot less as i have a contact or two in a Jaguar dealer who i get on with very well, but is sometimes too far away (i spend some of my year in France).

My indy (this is in the UK) will do a minor service for £180 and the 'major' for £300. Given it is some 2 years out of warranty now and the job is the same i don't see the point.

If we are honest the F-Type is XF mechanicals with pretty clothes and the servicing is perhaps the same with some tighter fitting components.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I’ve always used independents when out of warranty. This has been for Porsche and Mercedes. Always excellent service at a reasonable price and you can actually talk to the guy who does the work and not some service adviser who generally seems to know bugger all.
Kevs F Type

Post by Kevs F Type »

I use a Indie from the get-go, and the warranty isn't affected by JLR at all. It's a myth. As long as you the Indie stamps the book and does use Jag parts if required, it isn't an issue.... Happy Days.. :)
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6 S Coupe in Polaris White - Pan Roof, Cold Climate Pack, Reverse Camera Parking Pack, Powered Tailgate, 14w Memory Seat Pack, Configuable Dynamics, Meridian Sound...
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I'll post more detail when I get chance - probably next weekend - but my observations for now...

- 4th year service required and MOT (MOT warranty cover, so safer to stick with Jag for this service).
- Supplying dealer didn't respond to my enquiry for a week so I had to chase up the service manager asking if he wanted my business or not.
- Sent same email to 3 Jag and one indie - surprisingly only the indie hasn't responded so will give them a call this morning.
- One Jag quoted the service plan charge so immediately has my attention - and followed up with an email asking if i needed any more info. (blimey!).
- One Jag quoted the £825 price, said changing the diff oil would be extra and has quoted for new spark plugs = fail!

Not sure if this sort of info. is of any interest to Jag CRC - I've participated in their secret customer programme before (handy way to get £100 off your service cost - or a cheque if you already have a service plan) so maybe they are.

Update will follow - watch this space! :)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Nick

Post by Nick »

Looking forward to it Lunar
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Nick

Post by Nick »

May I bump this Please, 4 year service time and I have extended warranty I don’t wish to compromise, what indie did you call Lunar?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi Nick,

Well I thought it was xjkltd but looking now they only seem to supply parts, so maybe I looked there for brake pads.
Ended up negotiating with my local dealer to give me a small discount on the set menu price plus a cheap brake fluid change, free remote batteries and free litre bottle of oil for the boot - it’s a convertible so the oil bottle just fits 😂
Due it’s next service shortly so will take the same approach whilst under warranty and MOT plan, as it’s the “cheap” service 🙄
Picked up some cheap oil on eBay so will ask how much of the service cost is oil, then expect the same reduction for supplying my own.

Simon

E6CB49E3-DC7A-4E9F-98A4-FE3FE5B361AD.png

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Is that the right oil for your car? My manual says to use SAE 0W-20, 5w-20 only if SAE 0W-20 is unavailable.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post