Climate control...mind of its own ?

Anything F-Type related......
colin gray

Post by colin gray »

Thanks for the replies:
I have been out today and had the temperature on 25 deg then turned down to after 15 miles to 23 deg to see if it would blow cool air intermittently as it had not done so in the first 15 miles, the outside temperature was 14 deg and I did around 50 miles all with the top down and it actually behaved and fed warm air the whole trip (first time I can remember that) Anyway I had decided to call Jaguar tomorrow but now after today I am not so sure. I had warm air coming through all vents, dash centre vent, side dash vents and on the feet too. The heating was set with aircon off centre vent on auto, feet and screen vent set to on and the controls in individual mode. Now I am confused as I have not changed the settings since the last trip with the only variation being the outside temp then was 18-20 deg.
Italian Racing Red V8S
Keep the LOUD button ON!

RRB

Post by RRB »

The vents should rise(if selected to auto) when you call for lots of hot or cold....there is a programming fault with the AC system that when it is blowing hot (through the face vents and footwell) in manual, the face vent airflow will stop, the vents stay up just no air....much fiddling will bring flow back on, I've found the best option to maintain hot from both face and feet, is to leave it in a kinda void between auto and manual, ie switch it on in auto set the temp then turn off the auto by the button/ac switch and don't touch the fan speed!

My local JLR had my car for over a month trying to get to the bottom of this, changed the heater box eventually gave up and raised a tech issue as a known problem for the gurus to deal with....which they won't.....very annoying problem if its a nice cold but bright day with the roof down....and totally unacceptable from a prestige brand :evil:
2017 Black 400s convertible :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post