Climate control...mind of its own ?

Anything F-Type related......
RRB

Post by RRB »

Anyone have experience of this.....?

2017 400s convertible, top down heating on every so often the airflow will stop from the pop up vents and side vents, a prod of the finger on the screen switching the vents off and on restores the flow, not disastrous but bloody annoying, also if you turn the temp control from 28 to High the pop ups close?? I should add that all this happens when the climate control is in manual NOT auto.....
2017 Black 400s convertible :D

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity in the menu options?
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RRB

Post by RRB »

Sensitivity?, its set to powerful and fast but that is only in Auto is it not?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Probably model and year specific, but mine has a menu setting under climate control to adjust sensitivity from Off, Low, Med & High. Causes it to react more or less to temperature variations and controls fan and temp changes.
I never use mine in auto so I can control the direction and amount of air

Not saying you don't have a fault - my previous BMW did with an item call a final stage resistor, which when faulty made all fan and vents go mad. Jag has the same, but not aware if its a common fault on them
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RRB

Post by RRB »

Update,........

Spoke to Pentland Jaguar today my nearest dealer, and the technician I spoke to was extremely helpful called back an hour later after he'd done some research and thinks it is a fault....in for its first service before end of March with this to fix.....that and a wobbly indicator stalk, about 3mm of play before the stalk activates the switch
RRB

Post by RRB »

Well it had its service and the XE I had as a curtesy car while it was in for a service highlighted more problems in that the 400' heated steering wheel is crap or knackered and the heated seats equally so.

They have been tearing it apart for over a week now.....wobbly indicator stalk changed, and a call today from them revels that a changed servo motor achieved nothing so now a complete heater box will be replaced.

It appears that JLR technical don't have a clue either and fact diagnosis by email is pathetic. At present not a happy bunny
RRB

Post by RRB »

Well I have my car back.....just in time for a classic car parade in Perth this weekend.

Summery: Ac/heating has a mind of its own and when hot shuts off the face vents. Car delivered to the dealer on March 16th picked up April 18th as JLR had NO SPARES ! A month ffs?

I still think the heating is a bit suss and will test further, heated steering wheel appears to be hotter but still goes off after a while....is that normal? On the XF replacement car I had I had to turn it off as it was too hot.

Heated seats tepid at best...again is this normal, the XF felt like you were sitting on hot coals?

Dealer has offered £250 as a good will gesture for my patience ( although they did say this would be claimed as part of the warranty repair)
colin gray

Post by colin gray »

Hi all I see this is an oldish thread but I am looking for help with my V8s concerning the heating. I do not use heating much as the hood is usually down and the car is not used in the worst of weather. I do believe the car may have been how it is from new but can not confirm this due to how I use it. I have had it just over 3 years and bought it as a Demonstrator with 400 miles on the clock.
No I don't use air con so this is just the heater side and the issue is it just blows hot and cold hot and cold not matter how high the temperature is.
If it is on say 16 and outside temp is 20 no problem felt but if the temperatures are reversed the car will warm up and feel okay for a while only to start cooling off again and blowing cooler air. I also did try air con to see how that worked and it was just the same.
I did a 30 mile trip with the hood down 18 degrees outside and the temperature set to 25-27 and it was toastie for a while only to start cooling again blowing cool air on the hands and feet. I have not been able to find a sensitivity setting in the menu as mentioned in the hand book either.
I did extend my warranty into the fourth year and I am wondering if I should send it in to Jaguar?
Thanks in advance
Colin
Italian Racing Red V8S
Keep the LOUD button ON!
scm

Post by scm »

RRB wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:37 am Summary: Ac/heating has a mind of its own and when hot shuts off the face vents.
I read somewhere that the pop-up vents only deliver cold air, so would close when heat is required. Seems logical since hot air rises so they'd only be heating the roof, if you've got one. I believe you can configure the vents to always be up, or left in "Auto" to do what they think they should.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
rbs

Post by rbs »

RRB,

I believe you are correct. Even though I've only had my 2016 F Type S since July it has experienced temperatures ranging from 48 F to 98 F here in Chicago and depending whether you want to cool the cabin or heat it, the car seems to chose to put the air flow through the pop up event (cool) or at your feet (heat).
Polaris White 2016 S Coupe Manual short shifter 6-Speed
black side skirts, Mina Gallery Hood & Side Vents
w/ 20" 5-Split Spoke Tornados (5039's)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post