Wind noise coupe

Anything F-Type related......
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Thanks all
I’ll pick it up with the local Jag dealership in Milton Keynes. Hope it doesn’t become an issue!
Roger
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!

daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Wind noise is pretty bad on mine at 60-80 mph - right behind my shoulder. Tuned it out/ turn the radio up these days - my Z4M coupe had wind noise as well, just can't remember if it was as bad/ noticeable.

Drove the car down to the south of Bordeaux last year, it wasn't persistent or loud enough to be an issue on that trip. It feels like it comes and goes, or I just notice it when driving without music and with little gusto.
melg1576

Post by melg1576 »

Hi All.

I have a brand new 2023 R75 with only 600 miles on the clock and the wind noise from the doors has been insane from around 50 mph upwards. Marshall Jaguar Peterborough have attempted and failed THREE times to repair the problem, making it worse each time.
Window resets and new door seals and a refitting of the door resulted in chipped paint, a damaged door card and a wet interior thanks to leaking windows!
I am gutted that this one thing has ruined my dream car that I've saved a lifetime to own.
Has anyone found a solution to it yet?
Ftype R75 2023, 5 litre AWD. Santori Black.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I'd be thinking of rejecting the car. Other folk on here have done so. Put "reject" in the search box for others' experiences.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
melg1576

Post by melg1576 »

I rejected the car within 30 days (partial pcp) and they attempted to fix the issue 3 times and now saying they dont acknowledge any fault and that the wind noise is "within manufacturers tolerance" and therefore wont accept my rejection. I addition Black Horse who provides the Jaguar Financial Services PCP are saying if the dealer says no fault then they accept whats being said!

So Im stuck!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The car is under warranty. Contact Jaguar Customer Care and open a complaint and a case but I presume you have driven another R to compare??
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
melg1576

Post by melg1576 »

I driven others, they do still have wind noise but much quieter than mine

Jaguar customer services arent interested, they told me because part of car under PCP I needed to deal with Black Horse!
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I think the adjustment I leaned would be worth a try. It did reduce the noise slightly, but it was still noticable. I have had 2 F types since then and both were fine.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
melg1576

Post by melg1576 »

Hi

What was the adjustment you tried? The dealer has now put on a new seal, adjusted the door and window, but its worse.

Ive recorded the noise but dont know how to upload to this forum post

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post