Wind noise coupe

Anything F-Type related......
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Hi there

Is wind noise normal at motorway speeds?
At 70mph and over I am getting wind noise right behind my head to the right which is quite annoying, car is a coupe.

If it was at 100mph I could understand but at 70mph it is pretty annoying, anything I can adjust or look at to fix, yes could take it to a dealership but would rather just learn and fix it myself.

Russ2299

Post by Russ2299 »

No noticable noise on mine but have read quite a lot about door alignment issues on this forum .may be a small a just ment on door or window
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Ah interesting, I’m getting the same, pax side too also.
Will mention it at first service in a couple of weeks. Tried Gummi pflege on the seals but to no avail.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

Mine too. I am meeting the service manager tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of the problem. I will report back if he finds a solution.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have this now, they did change my drivers window due scratches, hope to get it sorted at a service I have coming up
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

Regarding my visit to the dealer regarding the wind noise. The service manager agreed it was a problem and discovered the quarter light was misaligned. He showed me the adjustment which was made by removing a small plastic cover which is located inside at the far end of the window. He decided the window needed pulling in to form a tighter fit to the rubber seal and used a spanner to adjust it. I do not have any technical expertise but once it was pointed out I could see the problem. Hope this is helpful.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
Pano Roof
Lots of extras.
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

AngieR wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:13 pm Regarding my visit to the dealer regarding the wind noise. The service manager agreed it was a problem and discovered the quarter light was misaligned. He showed me the adjustment which was made by removing a small plastic cover which is located inside at the far end of the window. He decided the window needed pulling in to form a tighter fit to the rubber seal and used a spanner to adjust it. I do not have any technical expertise but once it was pointed out I could see the problem. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks - I have a similar problem with wind noise so will try to check whether I have the same situation with my quarter glass.
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Hi
Just bought an SVR......which has an irritating wind noise on the drivers side. Anything over about 50 to 55 mph. It becomes intrusive to the extent I couldn’t hear the exhaust!

Did the fix above work?

I know it was a while ago....but if there are any updates, that would be great

Roger
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I have changed my car now, but sadly although I took the 360 back to the dealer a couple of time it was not solved to my satisfaction.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
Pano Roof
Lots of extras.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Wind noise should not be a problem on the F-type. I have driven mine on German autobahn at speeds over 250 km/h for longer distances, and never experienced any wind noise. It is some noise at high speeds, but mostly noise from wheels and engine - and surpricingly little, compared to other cars I have driven at high speeds.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post