Acceptable door fit?

Anything F-Type related......
Fez

Post by Fez »

Another shocking example of poor quality control. I am due to pick up my car on the 1st March. Door and panel alignment is the first item on my check list. I am prepared to reject at point of sale and walk away. Will keep you all up dated. Phil.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

kaspa wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:01 pm I know ... and just look at the price of the car in the pictures :shock:

Even my partners dads I20 Hyundai has very good panel fit .. I really do wonder at times with Jaguar, and this is exactly the reason we have held off buying another Jaguar .. we was thinking of buying a E Pace but for now permanently on hold .. so one lost sale
Have an Epace being delivered on 10 March
Hoping this is specific build issu s to the F type but expect we’ll have some teething issues. Leasing though given it’s diesel, new model and unknown entity for values, etc. Lease was cheap as chips :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
gmoore1431

Post by gmoore1431 »

Please update with any fix for passenger door misalignment issue. Dealer has been unsuccessful in attempts to resolve issue with my 2017 F-Type R. When temps drop below 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) problem is extreme and door will not latch closed without a hard lift up and forceful push in. Thanks.
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

That's terrible gmoore, I'll certainly update. Actually, it's in for a couple of other issues also, one being the heated steering wheel doesn't function as it should and also the under wheel arch protection material has pulled away in a few places. Noticed this when running hand under wheel arch to make sure properly clean.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

But I would like to add that my panel gaps on my F Type are fine ... also since I have had my example delivered last May 2017 no tech issues as all

(touch wood as I said that)

so a positive ..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post