Acceptable door fit?

Anything F-Type related......
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

I know I have seen this topic somewhere, so apologies for the duplication. Had my 2017 Ftype a few weeks now and only just noticed under a strong light the awful passenger door fit, haven't checked driver's yet.
Is this to be regarded as a normal acceptable fit?
Sorry for the filthy car, not normally so.

20180126_192552.jpg

Fez

Post by Fez »

There is a whole thread about door fit, search and you will find it. However your door does look out of alignment. Maybe a trip to the dealer to sort.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thanks Fez
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Thats out and needs fixing. Push the dealer....
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Glad you think so too daytona, thanks!
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

All too common I’m afraid. I took mine back to Marshall’s of Lincoln but ther body shop were unable to fix it. Marshall’s suggested that I wrote direct to Jaguar with my complaint and send photographs. Do you call that customer service when the customer has to do the chasing? An arrangement was made for two two techs to come over on a Saturday morning to fix it. I think it’s such a common problem that Jaguar have a dedicated team! On collecting the car there was a definite improvement but it was not perfect. There was no one present at Marshall’s with sufficient knowledge to discuss the matter. When I queried it on the following Monday they gave the stock answer that it was within manufacturing tolerances! I had previously made them aware I was in the market for a new F Pace so I would have expected exemplary service to retain my custom. I bought the F Pace elsewhere but whether they’ll be any better when I have a problem remains to be seen. Main dealers, of all makes, are pretty slick when it comes to selling but in my experience, no so good on the follow up. Best of luck with getting it sorted. It’s a common problem of which Jaguar must be well aware.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Mine was like that. Service desk looked at it and said the sill needed adjusting outwards, rather than the door alignment and booked it into the bodyshop rather than the workshop. No quibble, all fixed properly.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thank you both for your replies, I'll be taking it in soon and will report back!
Mickjaguar haha great name😉
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Like mickjaguar said it is primarily the sill. I’ve looked at new ones in the showroom and have seen the same problem, usually on the passenger door. I think someone on the production line needs their arse kicking.
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

I agree Phil, inexcusable quality on any modern car even more so when you get to these vehicle prices.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post