Fixed Spoiler or Not

Anything F-Type related......
East winger

Post by East winger »

Took the F-type to the seaside today. Great day for a drive and no need to have it locked away all winter. It blew the cobwebs away from the car and me.

When I first saw the fixed spoiler on the back of an F-Type, I though it looked to agressive, but having one that goes up and down has a double edge sword feeling about it. It gives the game way if one exceeds 70 mph (which I would imagine would not be difficult ;) ) which the fixed spoiler doesn't.

I do put up mine from time to time for the fun of it (even at traffic lights) but normally it's down. Some people like to see it.

Does anyone else think the fixed spoiler is the way to go?
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile

JLM284

Post by JLM284 »

The things you have to worry about when ordering one of these..... :lol:

I chose mine with the spoiler, looks more aggressive, I personally love the look and think it compliments the beautiful rear end.

Though the rising spoiler does look so cool when it rises/retracts. Having borrow one with the non fixed I always wanted to watch it operating..... :shock:
19MY 3.0L V6 R-DYNAMIC P340 (Auto) AWD.
Carp Grey, Fixed Spoiler, Pano Roof, 380mm Red brakes, 770w Surround sound, Flat bottom steering wheel, Climate pack, Memory seats, Cameras, Keyless, InControl Secure, Privacy Glass, Suede interior, Red seat belts.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

There's a certain pleasure in slowing down for a village of built up area and watching the spoiler fold away, close the exhaust and out of sport.
Miss Daisy driving in such a civilised car for 2 minutes before opening her up and watching the spoiler deploy and manually opening the exhaust again

So that's a 'no' from me for the fixed, but do still like it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JLM284

Post by JLM284 »

I know exactly what you mean. Kind of miss the show of the spoiler, though the whole theatre of the F type is enough to keep anyone entertained. With or without the spoiler it's an awesome car.
19MY 3.0L V6 R-DYNAMIC P340 (Auto) AWD.
Carp Grey, Fixed Spoiler, Pano Roof, 380mm Red brakes, 770w Surround sound, Flat bottom steering wheel, Climate pack, Memory seats, Cameras, Keyless, InControl Secure, Privacy Glass, Suede interior, Red seat belts.
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Hi. I have to agree... the fixed looks more aggressive but I loved the theatre of the deployable when I had the demo for the day. Can't wait for mine to arrive..5 weeks and counting !
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

East winger wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:17 pm
Does anyone else think the fixed spoiler is the way to go?
Yep! One of the few mods I'd like to do. Any idea what options are available?

In theory the coupe spoiler should never deploy as it rises at 72/73mph
East winger

Post by East winger »

Thanks for your feedback.

So, in conclusion; if you want to be a theatre luvvie (lovey) with all the drama, then the self errecting spoiler is the way to go. Otherwise, it's a preference on looks :D

The theory is right Aitch, unless you press the button by the gear lever. I think there was a case with a Porche (a few years ago) that was pulled by the Police because the only time the spoiler raised was 70+ mph, so Porche changed it to go up at 50+ mph to counter that. The fact that the F-Type's driver can press a button at any time could be a defence (although it does not go down again above 54 mph).
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
Arne

Post by Arne »

I like best the clean lines and look of the F-type whithout any spoilers (with the deployable spoiler down).

So for me a fixed spoiler looks ok, but even better without 😉
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
davidd

Post by davidd »

I like the deployable one when it's down, looks a bit daft when it's up.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Can’t find anything on-line as to supplier or price of the fixed spoiler.
Anyone have this info or is it a main dealer only job?
IRR V8R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post