Alloy saved by tyre rim protector!!

Anything F-Type related......
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Managed to scuff my front nearside wheel when cornering ( sounded nasty too ) and was dreading seeing the damage to the alloy ...... but there wasn't any. Couldn't believe it, what a brilliant concept. Question is, I have the factory fitted Pirelli's, do all the tyres suitable for the Ftype have this? Also are my tyres runflat?
Thanks.

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

All tyres have different level of rim protector built into them. Put some on the rear of my XF recently and they have over 1cm protectors. Great as the Mrs drives that most of the time :)

You don't have runflats fitted as standard
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My 400 has no tyre rim protectors - those are P-Zeros from factory. Had a set of Gators fitted instead as the kerbs around my way are those old 1900's ones, all uneven and worn and the height is the start of the wheel.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thanks for the replies guys!
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Had Gators fitted, fantastic as graunched on a kerb a few days later and the gator took the damage,swear by them.
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Excellent timing! If you destroy the gator I guess you can refit yourself, or does the tyre have to be completely deflated?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post