Remote app not working

Anything F-Type related......
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Anybody having problems with the Remote app? Because it was so cold yesterday I wanted to pre-start and warm the car but my app was giving an error message that said that it unexpectedly quit and now I can’t get it to run. Updated the app via the App Store today in the hope of some resolution but still the same error message. Has been pretty good up until yesterday.

davidd

Post by davidd »

Mine updated yesterday and is all working (although still no oil pressure in the info). I've had trouble with mine behind firewalls.

D
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Working OK for me on Android device running v7 following update earlier this week.
You need to have "location" switched on though I have found otherwise it wont yet you do remote switch on / unlock / etc
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Try deleting the app and reinstalling.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

The problem I get is when the car is in the garage it can’t pick up the phone signal and communicate with the app.

This means that the app gives incorrect information such as service required whe it’s not or as this morning the inaccurate and potentially worrying status ”Unlocked - door open” when I know that it is locked.

I like the concept of the app but it is no good if it cannot be relied on.

I did have discussions with jaguar CS who sent me instructions to re-set the app and the car but the problems still persist.

Kev

Edit: just to be clear my problem is intermittent and I believe due to poor phone reception by the car when parked in my garage. When parked on the open it does seem to work correctly. It appears that the app connects to a sever at jaguar which sends a signal to interrogate the car. Car talks to jaguar and relays to the phone. I do not think there is any DIRECT car to phone communication.
Last edited by Kdes on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Here’s the instructions I was sent -

am sorry to hear that your InControl App is not showing the correct information. Please follow the steps below;

1. Log out and close down the app completely on your phone deleting and reinstalling it.

2. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive. We often advise to do this on a regular commute.

3. Press and hold the "B-Call" button in the overhead console for 15 second

4. Start and load the app once again and log in.

This should have reset you InControl App and resynchronised it to your vehicle. If you are still experiencing concern following this please do not hesitate to contact me along with screenshots of the incorrect information including time stamps, a screenshot of the current software levels on both your application and mobile handset, the full VIN number for your vehicle and I will be able to further investigate with the assistance of our InControl team.

Yours sincerely,
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Sorry about your issues ... but mine has worked faultless since I have had my car since new .. 2018 model

My phone is a i phone 5 .. never missed a beat ?

not much help I know but for me has never been a issue ... same as my XES that was never a issue ? perhaps I have a older phone who knows .. but then for me a phone is for phone calls and the odd text nothing else ... :D
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Thanks for the replies everybody. Updated my phone (iPhone X - wish I’d never bothered changing from my old one!), deleted and re-downloaded the app and all seems to be working again!
Phro

Post by Phro »

Whereas I see this thread goes back more than 5 years, this is the only forum on the internet that seems to suggest a solution, of which I mean kdes’s post. Has anyone further experienced this and found a solution or can give further steps on kdes’s solution?

Appreciate any guidance on this.

My F-type is a 2023 P450 Coupe.,
2023 Blue F-Type P450 Coupe
scm

Post by scm »

In what way isn't the app working for you? The dealer should have set it all up at handover.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post