Infotainment system freezing

Anything F-Type related......
Chas

Post by Chas »

Had the curious problem of the complete system freezing while I was in navigation mode. Couldn't move or change any screen and the satnav froze at that point. I realise, from other posts or info that the way to cure this is to stop the car and let it sit until the system shuts down itself, and when you restart the car then it should have rebooted. This was the case yesterday, but what if I didn't want to stop the car for that length of time and/or I was on a long journey which required the satnav - is there not a way to reboot the system by pushing a combination of buttons or something?

Why does this system do this! This is not the first time I have had problems with the system, (still doesn't show Album Artwork from my I-pod and still can't access "Live") and while the stop for half an hour works, it is a bit extreme!

Myer

Post by Myer »

Unfortunately the Infotainment system still seems to have a fair few issues, freezing, black screen, intermittently slow boot up etc...

It is basically the same unit that was first installed in the F-Pace two years ago being one of the first F-Pace owners with the optional Infotainment system (ICT Pro). There was a major update which fixed many other problems and greatly improved the stability. The system is now installed in Land Rover products, with the same on going issues!

It is my understanding that JLR are currently working on a further update.

I guess this is one of the drawbacks of having high tech in your car, just think of your own PC and the number of updates and patches being added on a near weekly basis!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Mine has been OK apart from sometimes I have no audio. The media button doesn't work and the mode button on the steering wheel does nothing.
This seems to happen when I have a USB device connected.

My last car had a "soft" reboot option - hold down the media on/off button for 20 seconds which would force a reset and reload the Nav/media screen. 1st service due May so will mention to dealer when I drop it off.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post