Crank pulley + Ecu tune on V6s.

Anything F-Type related......
BJagH

Post by BJagH »

Bartman, how have you found the upgrade has gone with the benefit of a few weeks of living with it?

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

yes .. I would be interested with some feedback after the mod ?

best regards :)
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

After driving the car for a while since the modifications, I've noticed a slight hesitancy in the power delivery if you hold it in each gear via the paddle shift, it kind of stutters almost as though there is a lack of fuel being fed to the engine, I am away on holiday at the moment but I will be cleaning the injectors on my return to see if that alleviates the problem, if not it will be a return trip to D.A.E.
GNG

Post by GNG »

Its obviously not ideal for you but I for one am glad you’ve shared your experience with us. If you can keep us updated it would be very useful.
Myer

Post by Myer »

As much as I would like to tune my R Coupe (G-d knows why!) I am extremely hesitant as I believe that ECU mods are far too critical to be messed with, not wishing to be trite but actions have consequences.

I have a friend that had his car tuned, supercharger pulley and ECU by Viezu, I think they are part of the Paramount group, he too had similar issues together with the engine management light flicking on and off.

I had therefore considered the possibility of using DAE but after reading Bartmans recent post I am now totally convinced to leave it all alone, it is just not that easy to increase the output without creating issues.
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Bartman wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:14 pm After driving the car for a while since the modifications, I've noticed a slight hesitancy in the power delivery if you hold it in each gear via the paddle shift, it kind of stutters almost as though there is a lack of fuel being fed to the engine, I am away on holiday at the moment but I will be cleaning the injectors on my return to see if that alleviates the problem, if not it will be a return trip to D.A.E.

I don't know what sort of warranty you got with the Mods you've had done, but I wouldn't touch the car myself, I would take it straight back & let them sort it out. Don't give them the excuse that you have caused the problem!
White MK3 Focus RS.
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Tuning if done correctly is very safe
Issues can occur if injectors and or coilpacks are not 100%
Also the traction control cutting in can give a similar feeling
I supercharged a c63 and that wld when booting it have a slight hesitation at top of range
With regard to the car above DAe and velocity are both highly respected and velocity have sold many many of these tunes
A trip on the road hooked to the ecu will establish any dips in fuel or timing and easilly corrected
Rolling road tunes shd allways be followed up with a road tune as you cant replicate true road conditions
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

I am at present waiting to do the pulley and tune and sportscats and there is another member on here with the same tune with no issues i blve
Myer

Post by Myer »

Gasman2 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm I am at present waiting to do the pulley and tune and sportscats and there is another member on here with the same tune with no issues i blve
Personally I am not prepared to risk it, I do not want to take a chance messing with extremely high tech electronics for me it's not worth it, I will stick with my 550 BHP!!!

The car runs brilliantly never a hesitation anywhere in the rev range, I do not believe that any of these after market tuning guys can offer more power etc.. without compromise or issues.

Best left alone, factory standard is best, any problems you have the backing of Jaguar and not a small independent business no matter how well thought of they might be.
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Each to their own but ecu mapping is not witchcraft its merely timing and fuelling parameters and mainting the correct ratio
And the map on the 550 version is able to be directly loaded onto a 495bhp version the engine components are identical

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post