Crank pulley + Ecu tune on V6s.

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Myer wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:33 pm As much as I would like to tune my R Coupe (G-d knows why!) I am extremely hesitant as I believe that ECU mods are far too critical to be messed with, not wishing to be trite but actions have consequences.

I have a friend that had his car tuned, supercharger pulley and ECU by Viezu, I think they are part of the Paramount group, he too had similar issues together with the engine management light flicking on and off.

I had therefore considered the possibility of using DAE but after reading Bartmans recent post I am now totally convinced to leave it all alone, it is just not that easy to increase the output without creating issues.
more power !! are you mad :lol: are you a RAF pilot .... :shock:

Malbec

Post by Malbec »

kaspa wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 pm more power !! are you mad :lol: are you a RAF pilot .... :shock:
https://youtu.be/fR2hajcuFEM
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

kaspa wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 pm
Myer wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:33 pm As much as I would like to tune my R Coupe (G-d knows why!) I am extremely hesitant as I believe that ECU mods are far too critical to be messed with, not wishing to be trite but actions have consequences.

I have a friend that had his car tuned, supercharger pulley and ECU by Viezu, I think they are part of the Paramount group, he too had similar issues together with the engine management light flicking on and off.

I had therefore considered the possibility of using DAE but after reading Bartmans recent post I am now totally convinced to leave it all alone, it is just not that easy to increase the output without creating issues.

more power !! are you mad :lol: are you a RAF pilot .... :shock:

Funny you say that. I recently met, on another forum, an F-Type owning RAF Pilot! By pure chance he commented on my introductory thread. I recognised his handle as I follow him on Twitter due to his day job. Small world!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Alasdair 63

Post by Alasdair 63 »

Hi bartman. I had my pulley upgrade and vap exhaust done back in January at David Applebys , not had any issues car runs great only use shell v power, not noticed any more mpg though. Let us know when you have the problem fixed.
White v6s coupe vap tune pulley upgrade 200 cell cats vap exhaust black pack.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Malbec wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:22 pm
kaspa wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 pm more power !! are you mad :lol: are you a RAF pilot .... :shock:
The only thing that concerns me is that this was released 32 years ago .... and I be met younger owners!
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Senninha wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:34 pm
Malbec wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:22 pm
The only thing that concerns me is that this was released 32 years ago .... and I be met younger owners!
+1 (43) :shock:
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Slightly concerned about the flat spotting that the top end but I will defiantly be having a chat with the boys at David Applebys this summer.

;)
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I've had a velocity map and pulley for about 20 months now and then in the last 18 months 200 cell cats as well.
I've had no problems with it what so ever, it pulls like a train as it should with 620bhp.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Myer

Post by Myer »

Timbo wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 pm I've had a velocity map and pulley for about 20 months now and then in the last 18 months 200 cell cats as well.
I've had no problems with it what so ever, it pulls like a train as it should with 620bhp.
Timbo who did the upgrade? :)
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Timbo wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 pm I've had a velocity map and pulley for about 20 months now and then in the last 18 months 200 cell cats as well.
Did you go SC or crank pulley?

After the pulley and map was the difference noticeable? Assume you went from 550PS to around 620PS?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post