Crank pulley + Ecu tune on V6s.

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Longevity is all relative though. Ask more from the engine and it will wear out quicker.
I run a 1974 5.7LV8 in one of my Jeeps and while it only turns out c200hp it’s run for 44 years on original internals...
Keep engines cool, oil changed and they last forever. Take them to much higher levels and while they’ll of course survive it, don’t expect it to last 20 years if the performance is used

That said would I do a pulley and remap - yes when out of warranty and if I wanted the extra power
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Bloody hell. Question is - will the wife notice if I say now't :-)
BRG V6 S :D
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Just wanted to update on the hesitancy issues I had with the power delivery after my crank pulley and ecu tune at DAE, I aquired some Hydra power petrol blast injector cleaner, HYDRA PETROL POWER BLAST 500ML Injector Cleaner +Octane Booster +Stabilizer Treats Up To 500L i'm delighted to say the problem seems to have cleared and the car is purring again, or at least she was until I noticed she had developed a strange whistling noise on idle and whilst driving, I will attempt to attach the sound/video clip I recorded of the noise she was making at the end of this message so bear with me, anyway it sounded almost like a loose fanbelt so I took the car back to DAE, and it turns out that it was the Crank pulley belt that was causing it, I don't know if anyone else has had similar problems after the Crank pulley and ecu tune or whether ive just been a bit unfortunate? Anyway DAE replaced the belt FOC about 6 weeks ago and I haven't had any problems since. 🤞
Last edited by Bartman on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Sorry I tried to attach the sound and video file but just kept getting an error message saying invalid file extension? Its an mp4 file any suggestions of how to upload it are welcome.
Myer

Post by Myer »

Actions have consequences, I firmly believe that you should leave well alone. JLR spend years developing and testing and yet some people think that a guy with a laptop can make serious improvements to the ECU without causing issues, really?
Unfortunately it's a case of smoke and mirrors, I am sure you can change certain parameters but for sure it will have a knock on effect and create issues elsewhere.
Friends of mine have had ECU reprogramming on F-Type and they have all experiences problems of some kind, from flat spots to engine management light warnings.
You really should not be using injector cleaners to solve tuning problems. Something tells me that the car ran just fine before all the messing about!
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I have to agree with Myer. A lot of work by experts goes into engine development and they have to come up with a unit that gives both reliability, performance and longevity. The manufacturer’s reputation depends on that. The only aftermarket performance enhancing accessories I would fit would be ‘go faster stripes’.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Each to their own, but why anyone needs more than 550 / 575hp on a road car is crazy.

I will be leaving mine well alone.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Wow I bet you three are the life and soul of every party!!
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Bartman wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 pm Wow I bet you three are the life and soul of every party!!
+1

Less weight would be good too.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Bartman wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 pm Wow I bet you three are the life and soul of every party!!
No need for that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion i'm afraid.

I've learnt with motorbikes and cars, its not how much power they have but what you do with them.

If your happy to boost the power of your car then i'm happy - it's not a criticism.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post