What does i have a VIN number means in terms of delivery

Anything F-Type related......
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

This is where i am, ordered the car on November 7th 2017, was ordered early so got the upgrades such as 10" touchscreen at old price, was told it would be in on the 16th of February, dealer informed me then it shows his stock in for 27th February, gave him a ring today for an update, the sales man i was dealing with was off so talked to the sales manager, he said wait till i see, came back with, i can't get through to the factory but i have a VIN number, he will let me know tomorrow. What does i have a VIN number means in terms of delivery, i don't.
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted

chicb

Post by chicb »

I imagine that because there is a vin number, the car has been built, so its just the matter of transporting to the relevant dealer
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Arne

Post by Arne »

I don't think having a VIN number means anything else than the car is somewhere in production/ registered in the production plan, so I don't think you can read anything more from that.

However from the VIN number, I would think JLR (and maybe the dealer) should be able to give you a status (from their production system) for that VIN-built (where in the production line the car currently is).
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Arne wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:06 pm I don't think having a VIN number means anything else than the car is somewhere in production/ registered in the production plan, so I don't think you can read anything more from that.

However from the VIN number, I would think JLR (and maybe the dealer) should be able to give you a status (from their production system) for that VIN-built (where in the production line the car currently is).
So dealer said today that car should be in next week :D
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
Arne

Post by Arne »

powerhouse wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:18 pm So dealer said today that car should be in next week :D
That is good news! Best of luck with your pick up, and congrats 😊
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post