Track days ... insurance ......?

Anything F-Type related......
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Hi all, would love to book a track day but obviously normal insurance won't cover any disasters and no doubt the GAP insurance would be void, has anyone had experience, my nearest venue is Cadwell Park.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I tracked my last car at Donington Park. Got it insured via Adrian Flux for £145 for the day with a £2k excess up to the value of £40k max claim. At least it is covered for the worse then.

The only other advice Donington Park gave, was to stop immediately as you enter the park and on private ground and remove the number plate because they had insurance companies in the paddock and around the track taking pictures. Apparently at the previous event some people came together and then parked their cars in a ditch down the road and claimed as an accident.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Thats a good price. I would also like to go on track and got a quote for Snetterton from "insuremytrackday" and it was £427 for the day with a £3,800 excess up to the value of £47k max. For this sort of money it's not worth doing the day, but for your quote it could be interesting.

I've only done bike track days but even in those you have the late brakers that stuff themselves up the inside of you on corners, even though they are not supposed too. Was there better behavior on the car track day?
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I did Donington Park because there are 3 classes available. Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. The advanced class is reserved for none road cars and people with racing licenses so with novice and intermediate you DONT have a 911 race car up your chuff all the time like on the ring!

You can also hire a garage for £20 which is useful and you can fit two cars in bumper to bumper which is what I did.

You get 6x 20min sessions per class. So for example.... Novice go out at 9:00am for 20 min. At 9:15 intermediate queue up in the pit lane and at 9:20 novice come in and intermediate go out. The logic then repeats so if you go for novice you go out at 9, 10 11, lunch 1, 2 and 3 for 6x 20 sessions.

There are instructors available to hire on the day for as many sessions as you like. So everyone is classed and I had no issues other an a BMW M4 and a Nissan Z370 which would not move over. The rule is overtake on the left ONLY when the person in front moves to the right AND indicates.

The day was pouring with rain, it was unbelievable. On the first 20 min session you follow a pace car for two laps. The amount of people spinning off behind the pace care was unbelievable. It was a proper feed the power in gently day as it hadnt rained for a few weeks and with grease and aviation fuel from East Mids Airport is was hairy at times. I had one over steer, over correct tank slapper moment but stayed on the track.

I cant explain how bad it was - but here is a video from another car, a Focus RS, which was on track the same day in Novice class. Turn the sound up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8-u-ItoU0&t=216s
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post