Guy Salmon - Northampton

Anything F-Type related......
AL1

Post by AL1 »

PussCat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:42 pm Probably mean Swansway in Crewe.

Grange in Welwyn (Herts) is <1hour from MK. They were pretty good. I understand they're going to move soon.
I think it depends on who you get!

The guy I'd made enquiries with at Grange Welwyn didn't leave a good impression at all.
Very pushy, didnt listen to what I wanted, kept on trying to put me in a car that was precisely not what I was looking for. He'll sell you a car, sure, but not the one you want, the one he wants.

Only got a ten minute test drive and the fuel warning light was on. I made enquiries about retrofitting some external trim pieces, and he just told me it was pointless because it wouldn't add value to the car, so was a waste of money.

Hopefully their servicing dept is better!

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

In my lengthy experience of buying cars, over 50 years, main dealers are generally rubbish. I don’t understand the negative culture. All you’ve got to do in sales is delight your customers and they’ll keep coming back. Sadly car dealing is very much like the old horse dealing trade and attracts the same sort of dodgy salesmen.
Gillie

Post by Gillie »

I keep hearing good things about Sturgess so if not too far away I’d try them. I got my F-Type 12 months ago from Tamworth and I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole my worst experience ever!!! My local dealer @ Stockport weren’t much better but ok on the service side so I think it’s its a bit hit and miss where ever you go but if I was in the market again for another one I’d try Sturgess.
Good Luck
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I bought a Range Rover from Sturgess some years ago. That was the only car I ever had where you could see daylight through the front door seal! Horse dealers the lot of them.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

I travelled 160 miles to Stockport where they were 25 mins late collecting me from the station. Never got that promised follow up call or trip on Jaguar driving experience that was promised...
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Kevs F Type

Post by Kevs F Type »

I've purchased 4 Jags from 4 different dealerships, and had 4 different experiences.... Wow
Welwyn GC is my nearest, but when I took and XF in for a software upgrade, they said we have checked your car sir, and have found the following items that require attention: 2 tyres (They were both close to 4mm), Front side light out (Checked when left, all was fine) so went in and asked for the Technician who checked this to come out which he had to, and had egg on his face, plus other rubbish things like Brake Pad wear at 17K. I didn't change the pads until 29.5K and the wear indicator still was not on... I'd never use them, they just want to scam you out of money.
I have purchased an F Pace from M/Keynes and am chasing them for a Warranty issue. They didn't call back either. Burnham Jag was ok, but then again I had no issues with the car so didn't need to go back. Same with Croydon.
I purchased my car (F Type) from Thames Ditton, and they have done a few minor Warranty items so far, but my Drivers window is scratched now, so lets see how they react to that one.
My personal advice is buy the car you want and good luck with getting a good deal, and get the car serviced at an Ind Jag Dealership like I do. They use Jag parts, the best Oil, and the car is Warranted by JLR, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6 S Coupe in Polaris White - Pan Roof, Cold Climate Pack, Reverse Camera Parking Pack, Powered Tailgate, 14w Memory Seat Pack, Configuable Dynamics, Meridian Sound...
Celtic Renegade

Post by Celtic Renegade »

Have purchased two vehicles from Lancasters at Sevenoaks, Kent and found their service to be top class. And they will deliver throughout the UK.
OB123

Post by OB123 »

Purchased two F types from Wolverhampton Jag and they have been very good. One included part exchanging my 911 - for which they gave me a very fair price - so would highly recommend them - well Victoria to be precise - she is excellent.
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Kevs F Type wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 pm
My personal advice is buy the car you want and good luck with getting a good deal, and get the car serviced at an Ind Jag Dealership like I do. They use Jag parts, the best Oil, and the car is Warranted by JLR, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Kev,
Does the JLR warranty remain even if I use an independent Jag dealership. The warranty I have is for 2 years on a second hand F Type brought from Jaguar Croyden? The cars 4 years old and I'd prefer to go the independent route.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Kevs F Type

Post by Kevs F Type »

Scharlton
I have been down this road several times. Providing you use a legitimate Dealership who use Jaguar parts and stamps the book, JLR will honour any recognised faults.
I use an Independent who predominantly are Jag guys, but do work on most prestige marks. I've seen Aston Martins in there as well.
I've just purchased a 2 year old F Type, and it wouldn't go anywhere else. They allow me to see their workshop and see how they operate and what oils and parts they use. They are in close contact with the local Jag main dealership for updates etc, so I have zero issues with taking all my vehicles over the last 12 or so years, to them...
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6 S Coupe in Polaris White - Pan Roof, Cold Climate Pack, Reverse Camera Parking Pack, Powered Tailgate, 14w Memory Seat Pack, Configuable Dynamics, Meridian Sound...