Guy Salmon - Northampton

Anything F-Type related......
Pennski

Post by Pennski »

So

Having let me down on two cars, first being not the spec they adivised me it was,and then the second car never materialising, despite lots of promises (for which I turned down another car at MK).

Dealer not returning calls, reluctant to return deposit resulting in several more calls and escalations.

Any one have a dealer they would recommend - feeling very underwhelmed with Jaguar just now

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Sturgess in Leicester have always been good to me. No dealer is brilliant but i cant complain about Sturgess i have to say. Not that far from you i guess?
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Pennski

Post by Pennski »

Thanks, No to far will give them a call

DP
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I had no issues with H.A. Fox Derby either which isnt too much further than Leciester.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Nick

Post by Nick »

Amersham were very good for selling cars, not pushy but went the extra mile, Cambridge were good for service not certain about sales but closer than Amersham.

Wasn’t impressed with MK as I tried to drive both types but they seemed to go the extra mile to put me off, they made the mistake, because I arrived in an older car, to think I couldn’t afford it, very costly mistake for them.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Fox in Derby never returned my calls, nor acted on my enquiries when I drove all the way there with the wife and discussed a car with them.

Swansea in Crewe were very good and I ended up buying from them (I'm in Nottingham)
IRR V8R
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Probably mean Swansway in Crewe.

Grange in Welwyn (Herts) is <1hour from MK. They were pretty good. I understand they're going to move soon.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Yes sorry - Swansway.
Predictive text and lack of eyewear to blame for that!
:)
IRR V8R
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Phone Sturgess. Quite outstanding as a dealer and have used them for my Jaguars for years. Although I use a local one for basic servicing anything special I make the extra drive to Sturgess

Also have advantage of being Jaguar and LR so you can see lots of nice toys and Chris Sturgess always shas things like a Project 7 on the shop floor to try out
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

My experience of buying brand new cars from Tamworth and Cambridge is that dealerships don't care about you, they care about sales figures and reaching targets. Don't expect too much from any of them!

I am still stunned by the fact that neither rang me in the subsequent weeks to check that I was happy with my new toy. Strangely enough they rang about 1yr later for a service, I told them I would get it sorted with a proper garage instead.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy