2PC LIGHT WEIGHT BRAKE DISC NOW AVAILABLE FOR F-TYPE (50lbs unsprung weight saving)

Anything F-Type related......
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Thanks. My early experiences of EBC were rather disappointing particularly if pushed on track. I guess they must have improved over the years.

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Great info .. thanks for posting

I would 100% be interested but unfortunately for me funds will not allow it

but like other have said looks like a great improvement over stock . .well done

regards
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

kaspa wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:32 am Hello

Great info .. thanks for posting

I would 100% be interested but unfortunately for me funds will not allow it

but like other have said looks like a great improvement over stock . .well done

regards
Much the same from me. Think they look fantastic, but the cost for first set and then each subsequent disc cahnge takes it outside of permitted 'toy shop' funds.
I'm also enjoying for the first time the braking silence of not having slotted disks
Great work and love the write upe :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MarkyMUK

Post by MarkyMUK »

I just joined to post on this thread as am having my Wortec suncut's fitted to my XK Dynamic R today.

I'm going for stock calipers and EBC red (since my track days and airfield runs are long behind me)

Hope no one will mind me posting but wanted to get the latest and ask some questions.

1) Anything to be mindful of immediately after fitting (apart from the obvious bedding in period)?
2) After 6+ months of driving any updates to report back?
3) What is corrosion like? I live less than a mile from salt water and everything tends to rust
4) Any regrets?

My 2014 car's fitted with (I believe) the same super performance brakes as on the F-type, running 20" vortex alloys shod with MPS4S's

As I believe mine will be the first set being fitted to an XK they are using my car (like Gibbo's) for promotional work. Appreciate there are many more XK's out there in comparison to F-Types, so potentially opening up a new supply stream.

As you can see from the pics the weight of mine will be a combined 36kg/ 81lbs will be retaining my old discs and pads so will be weighing these and posting up my weight saving.

Once again I hope you'll not mind me joining, I was torn between a F and an XK but sadly the F didn't have the luggage space required for trips away in the UK and Europe.

Rears.jpg

fullset.jpg

fronts.jpg

side.jpg

frontR.jpg

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

MarkyMUK wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:50 am I just joined to post on this thread as am having my Wortec suncut's fitted to my XK Dynamic R today.
Hope no one will mind me posting but wanted to get the latest and ask some questions.
No problems.
The OP (Gibbo) hasn't been online since 10th September but hopefully he will be back to give you some feedback.
MarkyMUK

Post by MarkyMUK »

Thanks Phil, I do hope that his brakes didn't fail him? :(

So almost 10 months on, have any of those that were considering, but 'when funds allow' saved up enough pennies?
MarkyMUK

Post by MarkyMUK »

Now fitted

wortfittedfrL1.jpg

wortfittedrL1.jpg

Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Hi
If you hang around long enough, someone will reply!!

I followed Gibbo's saga with the Wortec rotors and really am tempted.
How have they worked for you?
Where did you get them from?

Roger
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Rogere wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:32 am Hi
If you hang around long enough, someone will reply!!
I followed Gibbo's saga with the Wortec rotors and really am tempted.
How have they worked for you?
Where did you get them from?
Previous poster hasn't been online since November 2018 either.
Looking back they seem to have been supplied by Wortec themselves so maybe google them?
JDigger67

Post by JDigger67 »

Hi PhilB
Just had the front rotors fitted, nice piece of kit
See New Joiner West Sussex post JDigger67

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post