Pedestrian airbag deployed!?!

Anything F-Type related......
m_101

Post by m_101 »

Dan it would involve putting in a resistor to fool the airbag ECU into thinking there was still an airbag attached. It's also probably illegal to run a vehicle (in the UK at least) without all the manufacturer safety systems attached; you wouldn't pass the MOT (which is an annual vehicle safety test as I see you live outwith the UK).
Unfortunately Dezzy I have had a pretty incredibly poor experience with Taggarts the whole way through. There are a couple of creases in the bonnet which either happened when the airbags blew or when they fitted new bonnet catches. They're tiny but not invisible.
I contacted CRC back who contacted Taggarts straight after I got the car back and was told about 3-4 weeks later that I would need to just sort these out myself.
I would (will) now warn anyone not to buy any product of any sort from Taggarts. Their sales might be OK but their aftersales is absolutely shocking.
I haven't pursued any further regarding an FOI request as I just decided it was easier to get the creases looked at by a paintless dent remover and move on with my life and enjoy my car.
As an aside, if anyone is looking for actual good service on a Jaguar or Land Rover / Range Rover of any sort, I can highly recommend Prestige Jaguar in Paisley. Faultless and a million times better than Taggarts.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

You can get fused resistor packs, there is a device you purchase to work out what resistance is needed. You then just plug the correct resistor packs into the existing wire loom connectors. This is the only way to disable the system ..... but if you have a accident and have no time to put back to original you may be in trouble with the Law and the warranty most certainly invalid .. also if you caused a injury you may end up with a claim against you. But the system should be reliable, hopefully these are small isolated cases .... hopefully
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Just a reminder that under the terms and conditions on here its a no no to post anything that would be illegal.
Disabling or installing equipment to disable safety systems would tear up the car's certificate of conformity and also be in breach of the Construction and use Regs.
By all means discuss the issue but not any "fixes" leaving the car with the system inoperative.
Thanks.
eldorado

Post by eldorado »

it's happen to me to and twice!! i build this website for this problam- www.recallmyjaguar.com we can together force Jaguar recall this issue and get back our money!!!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Just reviewed this link ... big detailed letter from Jaguar on this :(

this is one area that does concern me, only the other day when reversing out my drive I was really careful and scrapped the underneath spoiler

its always on the back of my mind this issue, and how would I deal with it if it happened to me ?

regards
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Eldorado.
If you had a dashcam, you would not have needed a recording from a parking garage. What appear to me is ; if anyone (I don't imply you did !) fiddles with any connector in the airbag wiring (in any modern car) with the contact on , it might trigger the airbag to explode. As a chain effect the others may also do this, I think.

Now JLR connectors have a history of water ingress. So what if somewhere in the wiring one 'kingpin' connector got wet, or loose.
This could trigger what you experienced.

You let them investigate the car, and the module had been removed, so you can't check. But I think its the most likely scenario : water ingress or s loose connector... Ths does not have to be a physicla plug/connetor, but could even be as silly as a wire on a circuitboard or even an IC that sparked.. I am not an electronics expert and also don't have any knowledge of the systems involved, but I assume even a strong EM-field could induce a 'false flagg' for the firing of these devices.

What can you say about the weather on both occasions ? Did rain severely, or the days before ? Or was it extremely hot ? Was there any analogy among these events [ exept for the same car..].

I searched briefly, but I don't think this issue is linked : https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/jag ... s-117433
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|