Pedestrian airbag deployed!?!

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

That is a absolute joke

Your telling me the car is under warranty .. correct

you go over that slight incline and you had to pay :shock: and the air bags deployed .. no way .. there is a fault some place !

so what if in 2 weeks you have the same problem all over again .. I would be welled pissed and would never trust that car again and just walk away from the brand for good .. I really would !

honestly lost for words .. but at least you have your car back ... oh whats that ticking sound in the background, a bomb

so they just replaced the airbag units .. no investigation / no why why analysis ? so lets say the control module has a intermittent fault and the problem raises its head yet again ...

sorry not for me this one ...

so watch out for all the pot holes then ! .. I am not having a pop at the member but with Jaguar, they honestly expects a customer to find this acceptable really .... I have started to look at my F Type as a total liability :!:

Deleted User 1088

Jesus

Just been on google and the net is absolutely littered with examples of these units being deployed when not needed across the jaguar range
would be really tempted to put a dummy resistor in if there was no come back, which in my heart is the wrong thing to do and could be prosecuted ?
Deleted User 1088

https://www.whatcar.com/news/jaguar-xf- ... off-early/

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=1666315

http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=97691

I could go on and on ... yet another piece of crap to fuel my anxiety :cry: oh well at least I am one post away from 700 ... :lol:
Deleted User 1088

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

durbin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:36 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 am My personal opinion is they don’t deploy by accident but by excess impact
In a perfect world, no. I guarantee they do though.
I know it's only my word but the slight change in elevation between tarmac and brick did not warrant the PSS triggering.

I went out and took a this photo today (rather than the google maps image in my original post):

Tell me if you think that would count as an impact, even at 30mph+
Certainly doesn’t look like a bump that could cause an activation.
Shame you couldn’t force the matter and have it investigated, but I get the issue of losing the car for 2 weeks and of course no guarantees then.
Certainly a worry to drive around with such a device ready to ping a large bill at anytime...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
m_101

Post by m_101 »

Well then, I just noticed this thread.
This exact same issue happened to me 10 days ago, the Saturday before Easter, only I was on a flat road with no significant incline and no potholes. I didn't think to phone Jag assistance but mine is still in the dealer. I drove it straight there and did not get offered a courtesy car at all. The car is still under warranty until July.
I have to say this has been the single worst experience of customer service I've ever had. The dealer (Taggarts in Hillington) have in my opinion been absolutely horrific. Rude and unhelpful and completely unsympathetic despite them making multiple errors.
10 days later they have still not been able to figure out what caused the airbags to deploy. Both deployed at the same time while I was driving at about 15mph. Pretty much the same story as the OP. Unfortunately since it was within 30 seconds of driving off, my dash camera didn't actually pick up the incident. There is apparently no indication on any of the sensors or the EDR why this happened.
I have forced the matter and Jaguar CRC are now sending out their "International Engineering Team" to find out what went wrong, since the dealers have been so far unable to find any damage to the vehicle and nothing on the crash sensors to indicate why the airbags deployed. I'm refusing to pay a penny until they have been out and looked at the vehicle and informed me of why this could be. Goodness only knows when they are going to be able to come up to Glasgow to have a look at the car, as the dealer haven't even successfully raised the ticket with CRC stating they have done all the correct checks on the vehicle yet!
I am really really annoyed since I've been asking for a courtesy car the entire time and the dealers have not been able to source one - Jag CRC have asked them to submit a report and a Customer Assistance Fleet request which today was done (after they've had the car for 10 days plus) but was done incorrectly and so has to be re-done tomorrow.
Honestly Taggarts in Hillington have been absolutely awful. A slew of problems and errors and being totally unhelpful, despite me requiring the vehicle for work purposes and informing them I needed it to go to see my dying grandmother (who has subsequently died). I have vowed never to visit a branch of Taggarts ever again if at all possible. When I went in the first thing they said was an accusatory "Well you must have hit a pothole"...
I'm waiting for Jaguar to get me a courtesy car which I'll keep until this is looked at and sorted. If there are multiple vehicles affected (there are, according to the internet) and they cannot find the cause on my car and there is an ongoing safety concern I'm going to be having a chat with them.
This follows chasing the dealership for 3 months for a couple of smaller warranty issues. My Sat Nav module has failed so the car doesn't know where it is, there are scratches on the side windows and I only managed to get them to look at it after informing Jag CRC about the number of the Technical Service Bulletin, and the paint finish on the rear brake callipers is wearing badly which doesn't affect operation but is unsightly.
Taggarts didn't even reply to CRC about these issues for ages and there appears to be almost nothing CRC can actually do about it.
My complaints have been escalated as high as they can go within CRC - when I spoke to the CRC manager about all of this he informed me that this was the case and there wasn't anyone else he could raise this with.
Honestly you buy a car worth £103k with all the options, and you get utterly crap customer service, and the manufacturer cannot remedy this.
If there are multiple vehicles affected, do we need to push for a recall? How would we as a community go about this?
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

OK I am now really starting to find a way to not only prevent these going off, but to also actually remove the things from the car.

Does anyone know what is involved / required to remove them and secondly what we need to dummy the system to prevent the SRS light from showing on the dash?
durbin

Post by durbin »

@m_101: Sorry to hear you had the same issue.

I really should have forced the issue but I just wanted my car back. If we can make enough noise about this then I'm sure Jaguar would take note. That being said when mine was in the technician admitted that he had heard of this before and had never known jaguar customer services to admit this is a fault.

If they did admit it I would be straight round to try and get a refund.

Mine will be going back to jag in a couple of weeks as the door is rubbing on the bonnet when it opens (only by less than a millimeter but its taking off the lacquer). This was an issue before the PPS deployment but seems worse now. Make sure your bonnet is properly aligned before taking your car back.

Good luck
Deleted User 1088

Gibbo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:39 am OK I am now really starting to find a way to not only prevent these going off, but to also actually remove the things from the car.

Does anyone know what is involved / required to remove them and secondly what we need to dummy the system to prevent the SRS light from showing on the dash?
Hello you can unplug the connectors and use a plug adaptor with fused resistors .. you need a gadget to find out what resistor is needed. Then the system thinks they are connected.

But from a legal safety stand point may be difficult ? ... they are sold on EBay ..
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

kaspa wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:21 pm
Gibbo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:39 am OK I am now really starting to find a way to not only prevent these going off, but to also actually remove the things from the car.

Hello you can unplug the connectors and use a plug adaptor with fused resistors .. you need a gadget to find out what resistor is needed. Then the system thinks they are connected.

But from a legal safety stand point may be difficult ? ... they are sold on EBay ..

Yeah seen that, if I was to do that, might as well remove the actual units as well and anything else they need to save the weight. :D
Yes if you were god forbid to run someone over and they were not present, that could be a bit of a sticky issue.