Power boot

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Agree with the others. Don't let it be a few breaker. The LOOKS are the Ftype. Only had mine 3 days and loving it more every day...plus I find have to V careful with power opening inside the garage in case the lid catches the door closer mecahnism...manual would be easier control
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

rnige

Post by rnige »

Abdul I think you can set the height to which it opens etc :) Might be worth having a look at the manual
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

You're right...u can press the control button on the boot or remote to stop.. .just brown pants in the garage in case I mistime it :lol:
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

I’m still searching for my F-Type but the boot hitting my garage ceiling is already a concern! It is relatively low headroom so just curious what the actual opening height of the tailgate is. Anybody mind getting the tape measure out?

Depending on the results of the above the powered tailgate may have just jumped up my ideal spec list....or I’m going to cover the garage ceiling in foam padding!!!
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Lol. Will find the tape measure over the weekend if I can remember
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

After you've pressed the button to open the boot, if you press it again it will stop where you press it.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Arne

Post by Arne »

It is easy to adjust the hight to which it opens. Push the button on the tailgate when it has reached the wanted hight and hold the button down til you hear a ping. It will then stop at this hight til you deside to change it.

Try it out outside the garage first ;)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Ian J

Post by Ian J »

My BMW does that and it's very useful if you have a 4' 10" wife who can't reach the close button if it's fully opened
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Arne wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:38 am It is easy to adjust the hight to which it opens. Push the button on the tailgate when it has reached the wanted hight and hold the button down til you hear a ping. It will then stop at this hight til you deside to change it.

Try it out outside the garage first ;)
I knew about being able to stop it but didn't realise you could programme the height like that. Great tip thanks!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

This all sounds very promising - I think I can forget the ceiling foam padding idea then.

Abdul: That would be great if you get a chance :) if not I'll have to head down to my not so local dealership with a tape measure which I'm sure they'll find entertaining!
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post