Power boot

Anything F-Type related......
rnige

Post by rnige »

Found a car I really like but does not have the power boot open close, is this something that can be added? Case of just buying the power struts and turning it on in the ecu?

Parfect

Post by Parfect »

I’ve never got why this was even an option on the F-Type considering the size of it : Certainly shouldn’t be a deal breaker if you have found a car that fits the bill in every other aspect 😀
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
rnige

Post by rnige »

I know I like the idea of it tho haha, it is not a deal breaker and I do love the car.
wolfy689

Post by wolfy689 »

I would say not that straight forward as you need a switch in the car and the button on your remote also?
rnige

Post by rnige »

Yes I found out about it we are talking 4k ruffly to do the work 1.5 days labour new ecu module for it new struts and wiring etc. Not worth it :)This is main dealer costings
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

You can never get anything big enough into the boot to warrant a self opening one! The self opening one on our F Pace is useful but for the F Type I wouldn't be too bothered
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

philmayfield wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 pm You can never get anything big enough into the boot to warrant a self opening one! The self opening one on our F Pace is useful but for the F Type I wouldn't be too bothered
I picked up a large box full of electrical stuff from a wholesaler - lights, cabling etc.
Chucking down with rain so I didn’t want to put the box down - managed to get my finger free to press the button on the boot.

Box fitted in just nicely, thanks to the deep well inside.
IRR V8R
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I spec'd the power boot just for the novelty factor. Never had one before and I love it. I just feel a car that already has lots of gizmos deserves this too! But it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

D
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It's certainly a "nice to have" feature like most options, but you dont buy an F-Type for the boot.

I go in my boot everyday and its no hard ship having to open and close it with the handle. (It does power shut the last 1/2cm if its not closed properly!!).

I wouldnt spend money on it but thats just me and I cant see it adding more than a couple of hundred pounds to the resale/secondhand value so I would not consider spending thousands on a retro fit.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That's an advantage with the convertible - with the size of the boot you'll always have one hand free!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post