luggage rack for roadster

Anything F-Type related......
howard

Post by howard »

has anyone used a luggage rack on the roadster? was it successful? who made the rack?

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Have you seen Boot Bags? They make a set of straps that thread around the boot lid. There's a mat that sits on the boot lid and a bag, which sits on the mat and connects to the straps.

http://www.boot-bag.com/jaguar_f_type_b ... e_rack.htm

They also do a rack:

https://boot-rack.co.uk/jaguar-f-type-c ... gage-rack/
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

I thougt a about it for a long time and posted a few on here,but in the end just learnt to pack lighter ;)
howard

Post by howard »

thanks. I've seen the examples - I was more wondering if anyone had practical experience of using them.
Yorkshire Cat

Post by Yorkshire Cat »

hi
Thinking of getting one to tour Europe in my convertible.
Does anyone have any feedback on a vacuum pump rack versus a boot bag mat setup?
Thanks
Yorkshire Cat
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

We toured for 10 days down over the Swiss alps to Tuscany last year.
Most clothes can go on the hooks behind the seats - use suit bags to protect from dust or getting caught in a rain shower.
We then had shoes in the well of the boot, wash bags etc pushed right to the back, and soft bags - still space for camera stuff, coats, wine, etc.
I thought about a boot rack but decided it was less safe when parked up and honestly never missed it space wise.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Yorkshire Cat

Post by Yorkshire Cat »

Santa has given me a CTEK battery charger MXS 5.0. It starts charging the battery whilst the car is unlocked. When it automatically re- locks, the flashing energy save green light then goes on. The CTEK manual states this will happen when the charger is no longer connected to the battery. I am using the cigarette lighter as the access point. Any thoughts on how to ensure the battery is trickle charged over winter when not in use? Thanks. it is a 2L 2018 model.
scm

Post by scm »

The lighter socket is ignition switched so can't be used to charge the car. The simplest way would be to use the boost terminals in the engine bay, unless you want to take up the boot liner and connect that way. A;lternatively get a CTEK "comfort" connector and hard wire it to the car.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I would be afraid to put a rack on that lovely Aluminium boot lid.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yorkshire Cat wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:38 pm Santa has given me a CTEK battery charger MXS 5.0. It starts charging the battery whilst the car is unlocked. When it automatically re- locks, the flashing energy save green light then goes on. The CTEK manual states this will happen when the charger is no longer connected to the battery. I am using the cigarette lighter as the access point. Any thoughts on how to ensure the battery is trickle charged over winter when not in use? Thanks. it is a 2L 2018 model.
Hi Yorkshire cat, See my thread, this is how I've fitted a permanent charging connector in the boot on a 2018 2.0L

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3920&start=60#top
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post