Purchasing a white F-TYPE R from Jag dealer - haggling tips please lol

Anything F-Type related......
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Just an update to this thread I posted a week or 2 back - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2345

The Blackberry one was sold fairly quickly - the price at the time of asking was £62k which was a little out of my price range. I've always had my heart set on a white one but when I saw the Blackberry one I thought it looked great too. However, I couldn't justify the price and was waiting to see if it would drop below £60k and then I would make up my mind there and then as to go for the white or blackberry one. However, the blackberry one has been sold.

I'm now about to go ahead and buy the 64 plate white F-Type with Storm alloys and carbon ceramics. I think the storm alloys look superb! It has only done 11000 miles. It's an AWD model so must have been one of the first AWD F-Types in the country! It also flew through its first MOT with no advisories. It has the black back too which is what complements the white paintwork. It has quite a few extras too such as parking pack, heated seats... the only thing it doesn't have is the panoramic roof. However, The only reason I want a panoramic roof is because I think the black roof looks great with the white paintwork. I'm not bothered about the whole effect of the panoramic roof inside the cabin, so I was thinking about getting a gloss black roof wrap? Seems cheap and having looked at some pics of other cars, it looks really good!

I will have finance through my bank (Halifax). They offer PCP finance to their customers and I am able to obtain a rate of 4.9%.

When I call the Jaguar dealer - what things should I haggle with? The cash price? I notice in one of the pics an alloy has received some light kerbing on the extreme edge - I think I should ask them to fix it?

How about new pads? Mats? Anything else I should ask for?

rnige

Post by rnige »

You can prob get a few 100 off the price maybe 500 if you push it.The best way to get money off at dealers is finance.5. 9 ish odd % I think with Jag But you may get a 1000 off that way MAYBE! lol.

I am currently looking to buy a car cash and the dealers wont give much if any discount
rnige

Post by rnige »

Oh BTW there is a nice white one with carbon roof croydon I think main dealer round your budget ;) I dont want it as it has the carbon roof :)

http://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2837303

Edit to say if the one you are looking at is this one its sold, I phoned up 2 days ago about the car
http://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2826890
Last edited by rnige on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

rnige wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 pm You can prob get a few 100 off the price maybe 500 if you push it.The best way to get money off at dealers is finance.5. 9 ish odd % I think with Jag But you may get a 1000 off that way MAYBE! lol.

I am currently looking to buy a car cash and the dealers wont give much if any discount

Jaguar's finance is normally something like 10.9% - compared to what I can get with Halifax (4.9%) it can mean a difference of £150 - £200 a month on a car around £55k - £60k! Incredible really. Even if they knocked £1k off the price if I took Jaguar finance I'd still be much better off with Halifax's finance with no discount on the cash price.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

rnige wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm Oh BTW there is a nice white one with carbon roof croydon I think main dealer round your budget ;) I dont want it as it has the carbon roof :)

http://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2837303
Yes I noticed this one BUT the chrome window and side vents are a definite no - especially with black wheels. I think black wheels suit the white paint but the Storm alloys with carbon ceramics look superb.

To get around the panoramic roof issue - A gloss black roof wrap seems ideal and not expensive at all.
rnige

Post by rnige »

Farnell tried to get me to do finance 5.9% I have the email with the offer, also read above about the 2 cars ;)
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Ah - yes that's the one I was looking at. Pretty pathetic that they don't update their god-awful slow website.
rnige

Post by rnige »

I know I liked the car also, I am in the same boat as you with finding the right car, seems our budgets are around the same also.It is not easy.

I made a deal for one up north main dealer and agreed on price etc, to then find out they cant take card payments ( I wanted to put 7k on a credit card 0%) I dont understand how they cant take card payments if im honest seems stupid.They wanted me to drive up look over the car then do a bank transfer only and wait till it clears before I can drive away! I would do it but needed to put the 7 on credit and not really willing to go with there finance.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I wouldn't be surprised if I was still looking this time next year. It's not like there's lots out there with the colour & extras I'm looking for.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 9rg&page=3 - not bad. I would be interested if I wasn't looking for a change from red cars.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post