Purchasing a white F-TYPE R from Jag dealer - haggling tips please lol

Anything F-Type related......
rnige

Post by rnige »

Yea same not a fan of red at all tbh. I do like the white, then storm grey/Carpathian (same colour) then black for me.My local dealer has a dark blue one in on the weekend for me to look at.They even offered to wrap the car any colour I want haha. Not quite the same tho really, wrap isn't a bad idea though to protect the paint but mmmmm I prefer real paint/ perfect car

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

That's quite an offer to wrap the full car for you - can't be cheap.
rnige

Post by rnige »

I spose I think the car is over priced a bit anyway figures of about 60 2015 under 10k on the clock awd etc.I would value it 57 ish max
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Is it an AWD model you're looking for?
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

I wouldn’t worry about haggling too much to be fair. In my experience we are all very particular about what features and colours our cars must have. By the time mine came up I knew the real value, knew their price and knew my own maximum. I also knew that if I didn’t buy quickly it would be gone to another buyer and I would have nothing but regret.

If you, like me, are fussy I suggest you hold to your maximum and get on and buy and enjoy your car. If it’s reasonably new your going to lose a ton in devaluation anyway, the smiles will more than make up for every penny I guarantee you.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Dealers will limit payments using credit cards because the merchant charges are a % of the transaction value. In the case of £7,000 could be something like £150 out of their profit. When I bought, my dealer suggested I paid £4,000 by credit card (if I had a card with a loyalty scheme and wanted some points) without any prompt from me. This was the maximum amount they were permitted to do in any single transaction. Debit cards don't have the same % hit for the retailer, so are pretty much always used as the means of payment from my experience. I've not come across a limit when using a debit card, but it's usually worth notifying your bank in advance to be safe.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
rnige

Post by rnige »

The dealer wont take any card be it credit or debit etc I even offered to pay the fee.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Tall dad wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:09 pm I wouldn’t worry about haggling too much to be fair. In my experience we are all very particular about what features and colours our cars must have. By the time mine came up I knew the real value, knew their price and knew my own maximum. I also knew that if I didn’t buy quickly it would be gone to another buyer and I would have nothing but regret.

If you, like me, are fussy I suggest you hold to your maximum and get on and buy and enjoy your car. If it’s reasonably new your going to lose a ton in devaluation anyway, the smiles will more than make up for every penny I guarantee you.
I guess I'll have to keep playing the waiting game and being patient! It's not easy.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

rnige wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 pm The dealer wont take any card be it credit or debit etc I even offered to pay the fee.
I don't know how companies that behave like that are still in business. I wish more people would just walk away from them so they go out of business. Its crazy in this day that they don't take card payments. Especially debit cards!

Next they'll be asking you to write one of those old fashioned things on paper.... What are they called again?... Used to have them in the dark ages.... Oh yeah, "cheques".
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Good luck with your search Gents/Ladies ...

Before the ‘haggling with dealer’ thoughts, I would always suggest ensuring you know your ‘must have’ spec, anything else being a bonus, your cannot have colour(s), makes finding a car much easier ... once you have these bits sorted, now its time to set up your search engines and alert ...

Dealer haggling ... if you just go for a sticker price reduction expect a tough discussion, even though most used F-types will have between £5-£8k in that price, they have to pay for preparation ahead of the sale, pay VAT, over allowance for part ex.
So the way to go in my experience, is extras, warranty, maintenance agreements, particularly the latter two as they a ‘paper’ giveaways.
By example, you wrote above that you wanted black vents and window surrounds ... find the perfect car but for chrome ... talk to the stealer and say you’ll buy but they need to swap out the OEM PARTS to the gloss black items.
And the other consideration is to advise you want their finance. This will get you a better deal almost every time, and you can legally settle the agreement in full within the first 14days (without interest ISTR), and flip to your own sourced finance deal.

Hope the above helps, look forward to photos of the new toys when you get them home ... at a great price!!

Regards, Paul
Last edited by Senninha on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post