Purchasing a white F-TYPE R from Jag dealer - haggling tips please lol

Anything F-Type related......
NZ-400

Post by NZ-400 »

In my recent experience, I had two dealers vying with each other to sell me a car. One car was brand new, the other three months old so there was a point of difference. That has been the only time I have ever felt in a position of strength - beyond walking away which is nigh on impossible to do when you have emotionally bought the car. My advice is to find an alternative car and let the dealers know that you have options.
400 Sport, white, panoramic roof, perfect

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Cheers Senninha, some nice tips there, they will be very useful for me as my cars have normally been purchased brand new until now!

NZ-400 which dealer did you choose in the end and did they bend over backwards with extras and stuff?
VR6er

Post by VR6er »

My advice is to go aggressive. There are big margins in these cars. I would see no issue in asking for 2k off.
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Me too as you've nothing to lose. I did the carwow comparison with an avatar and used that as starting point as the same dealer was quoting cheaper online ! He was v embarassed! However, also agree with others. You might have more luck with added value. E.g. I managed to negotiate 350 off the Gap and alloy insurance but then managed to get another 500 off when I showed evidence of cheaper online quotes. That saving paid for full ceramic coat and inside/out protection inc alloys. Also if new, they had 0% finance from Jaguar finance. Good luck !
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Mine was up for £48.5k for 4 weeks. I made some offers which were refused without consideration but tried again at month end and got £4k off. Not everyone wants IRR with red seats though but otherwise £12k options and 12k miles so got a good deal.
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The gamble is that you can spend a long time looking for the correct combination of colour and options, so when you do find the car you really want the worry is that you might loose it.

You just have to affirm your real interest in purchasing it, but ensure the dealer knows you can't be mugged or he'll loose a big sale.

Good luck!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Thanks for the contributions above - very helpful and some great tips there. Ideally, I want an AWD, white, 2015/2016, black pack is a must. I'd like the carbon ceramics only because they look good but I'm thinking black alloys like the tornado gyrodyne look really cool. The Storm alloys with the carbon ceramics would probably add quite a few thousand on to the price so maybe they're not worth it.

I've been in touch with Harwoods and gave them the details of what I'm looking for and they said they'd let me know if anything comes up as they can source cars. Harwoods always seem to have a decent selection of F-Types so we'll see.

Will definitely post updates on here. I look forward to detailing my F-Type R whenever that may be.

I've done a BMW i8 and an Aston Martin DB9 this week. Got a couple of nice BMW's to do this coming week.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post