Wind deflector removal

Anything F-Type related......
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

This sounds daft but how do you remove the wind deflector for cleaning? It is obviously really simple but I can’t find any instructions anywhere and it isn’t clear. Thanks.
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I had to look it up too!

You push the side tabs (not sure forwards or back) and it allows you to pull the deflector upwards - simple when you know!

Mine has never gone back though - so much better looking and rear view :)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Lunar wrote:I had to look it up too!

You push the side tabs (not sure forwards or back) and it allows you to pull the deflector upwards - simple when you know!

Mine has never gone back though - so much better looking and rear view :)
There is a place in the states selling clear plexiglass inserts [emoji6]
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I removed mine and rinsed under the tap. You’ll be amazed how dirty the rinsed off water is

Regarding perspex type, over on Z4 forum several tried them and the factory design book illustrates how the mesh slows cabin air speed, whereas a solid barrier causes considerable turbulence as air rolls over the screen. Just something to be mindful of
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

Thanks everyone for your help. Now done it - so simple when you know how!
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post