Bonnet Louvres

Anything F-Type related......
meandraft

Post by meandraft »

I recently heard a horror story where the bonnet louvres allow rain water to enter the engine compartment. Consequently neither the spark plug or injector would come out due to corrosion caused by the water ingress. Jaguar did approve a new engine in this case. This information came from a main dealer. Any F Type owners heard or experienced similar?
Saphire Blue V6S Coupe

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Some louvres are open and therefore allow a bit of the immense amount of heat these engines produce to dissipate, and some are closed off.

But all you see underneath is the engine cover and the "Supercharged" badges - there's no direct access to the spark plugs. It sounds to me much more like the car's been sat in a damp atmosphere for too long. You've only got to look at the brake discs after sitting overnight sometimes to see how quickly moist air can have an effect. I guess this would be compounded if living near the coast with the salty air.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Sounds like an urban myth to me.
Under the louvres is a large engine cover, so no rain can reach the engine. If driving then any spray that reached the engine would be boiled off in seconds
Along the lines of Lunar if stood with water in them such as jet washed and parked up then potential for rust but even that would evaporate.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
meandraft

Post by meandraft »

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I’m worrying unduly.
Saphire Blue V6S Coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post