Deposit placed for F-Type R...

Anything F-Type related......
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

BMa SVR wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:28 pm Enjoy, you’ll love it, the noise is intoxicating, and you’ll be looking for every excuse to get out and wake up the neighbors
After a demanding week of detailing people's cars, it will be great to get out and enjoy my own car. ;)

I've seen a red F Type R in a car park, a red one in a person's drive near a customer's house, and a red V6 i think it was ... and that totals the number of F Types I've ever seen! All red too. :lol:

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

WoW, Polo to Scirroco to F-TypeR ... have you thought about one additional option to use in the next couple of weeks? A bit of driver training as jumping from FWD to double the power in RWD will demand some respect ... its never a bad idea and may well help you get the most out of your new toy ...

Enjoy yourself and congratulations ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Haven't thought about that at all Senninha, I mean... what can go wrong? The F Type R is only slightly more powerful...........LOL JOKE
Arne

Post by Arne »

One good advice. If you have not driven a rwd R yet, take it easy in the beginning ;) It's not the 550 hp that is the most challenging, but the low end torque. 400 Nm at just over 1100 rpm climbing fast to 680 Nm is what might get you in trouble, as the rear end can get loose very quick even at low rpms in the first gears.

But when you get some experience and knows what to expect, that is what makes the rwd R so fun to drive. You have to learn how to modulate the throttle, just as you have to do with a 1000 ccm sportsbike. Floor it in 1. or 2. gear and lots of things happens very fast :)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

You say 'RWD' but it's the AWD model I'm getting?

Edit: Just noticed I didn't mention AWD in the original post!
Arne

Post by Arne »

Then it is a bit easier to handle ;)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
davidd

Post by davidd »

Dazarooni wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:55 pm
davidd wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm Nice work, that initial depreciation thing really helps us second buyers ;)
Yes the whole depreciation thing with the F-Type is incredible isn't it? Not far off 40k depreciation in this case!
Mine was just over that, £108k new I paid just over £60k for it.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Arne wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 am Then it is a bit easier to handle ;)
Phew - don't need anyone to hold my hand then. lol
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

davidd wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 am
Dazarooni wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:55 pm
davidd wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm Nice work, that initial depreciation thing really helps us second buyers ;)
Yes the whole depreciation thing with the F-Type is incredible isn't it? Not far off 40k depreciation in this case!
Mine was just over that, £108k new I paid just over £60k for it.
Just did a search of your posts to see your car and it looks great! I'll be sure to post pics when I pick it up. Gonna be 2 weeks or a bit more.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Dazarooni wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm
OB123 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 pm nice work Dazarooni - i know how excited you must be - you're going to love it
I have my work van which I use 4-5 days of the week. The F-Type will be used on my off days so shouldn't be too harsh with fuel costs.
Same here. Novelty never wears off. I bunk off early on Friday (self-employed too). Take covers off, it’s like Christmas/Birthday every weekend!

Enjoy Dazarooni. I’ve just joined the F-Type Enthusiasts Club (I love clubs). Seems a really friendly setup with loads of meets, days out etc. They have stuff going on nationwide. Some lovely, like-minded, fellow owners out there 👍

Try exhaling occasionally over the next fortnight. It will help! 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post