Stone chips

Anything F-Type related......
Kilsh

Post by Kilsh »

I have just been quoted £35 per stone chip by a local body shop, I’m in Warwick, does that sound about right?

Any suggestions for stone chip repairers in W Mids welcome.

Cheers

Neil

chicb

Post by chicb »

Do it yourself using "Chipex". Costs about £40 & will do all your chips. Check out YouTube videos of this system. If your guy is charging £35/chip, it soon mounts up.
I have used "Chipsaway" in the past. The one beside me is first class. There is probably one in your town. I always use them for smart repairs, paintwork, alloys, small dents. Far cheaper than the bodyshop & better with same day service
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
chicb

Post by chicb »

Loads of "Chipsaway" in west midlands, Google it, some mobile who will come to you
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Kilsh

Post by Kilsh »

Thanks chicb

I was considering the chipex option too, have you it yourself?

Or any have any other forum members?

You are right there are loads of chipsaway in West Mids but I have found in the past that the quality of the work can be patchy so was looking for a recommendation.

Cheer#

Neil
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

I've used Chipex a couple of times on other vehicles and found it fine.

Easy to use and the colour match was very good.

They have some videos on their site on how to use it.

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.
Kilsh

Post by Kilsh »

Thanks John!
chicb

Post by chicb »

I have used them a couple of times. Once for kerbing an alloy & once for a scratch on a brand new Mercedes S class. I was away on business & the car was delivered to my house & put in the garage. My wife went into the garage & banged into a ladder which hit the car scratching it. I phoned Chipsaway who picked up the car & sorted it. When I got home, you could not see where the mark was.
I think you should use a Chipsaway who have there own premises rather than a mobile one. This is only my recommendation but I think in their own premises there is not the same pressure or time constraints on them
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Another vote for Chipex ... have used on a couple of cars and colours including silver, red and black with good results ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Kilsh

Post by Kilsh »

Thanks all for inputs

Chipex kit ordered!

Looking forward to doing it I think it may be therapeutic.

Cheers

Neil