2.0 L F-Type Recall

Anything F-Type related......
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Hi Scharlton,
Thanks for your reply. It's just one of those things particularly as the 2.0L Ingenium petrol engine is pretty new, but having come to Jaguar from having an Audi 'dieselgate' car, it doesn't create a great deal of confidence in the car industry at this time. Hopefully there won't be any more issues after this.

I spoke to Ascot Jaguar this morning and booked the car in, but will be 6 weeks wait as I need a courtesy car for my work (the fuel rail fix requires 2 days and a 3rd day is for some minor things that need doing under warranty), would have been 2 weeks wait otherwise. It sounded as though a number of other owners had been booking in, hence the wait, but would have thought Jaguar would have got some extra courtesy cars available to ensure that the work can be done asap having known that a recall was to be undertaken in January.

I asked if there was any specific advice about using the car in the meantime, but they couldn't say as they don't know for sure which cars might develop a problem. Hence I'll restrict usage to essential journeys only and periodically check under the bonnet (I'm not sure where the fuel rail is amongst all the other connections!), but the car will only have done around 2500 miles by the time it goes in. As regards the Infotainment system in Chas's reply, I asked for any software to be updated as the ICTP has occassional issues with USB sticks etc, and the dealer mentioned the Media System. I have read on other forums (F-Pace) that Jaguar are updating the ICTP software with fixes periodically, but the fixes are also having issues!
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.

powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Hope you get all sorted jason, as for myself i gave the dealer a ring, but went straight to service to get a proper reply, he took my vin number and said there was no information on a recall for mine, hopefully he is correct and they don't come back to me with a different story at a later date. He seemed to know about it as some xe's were due in.
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Just by way of an update ladies and gents. I've had NO letter regarding this. I'm definitely on Jaguar database as I've received marketing bumff etc.
In at my local dealer re an ongoing issue and checked with service desk. My car is one of those affected and they were surprised I hadn't had a letter; also begs the question about communication between manufacturer and dealers?! :?
Anyway booked in for early next week and service manager is giving me his car. DO NOT ASSUME YOU ARE NOT AFFECTED. Phone and check. Drive safe all
Abdul
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Abdul wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:34 am Just by way of an update ladies and gents. I've had NO letter regarding this. I'm definitely on Jaguar database as I've received marketing bumff etc.
In at my local dealer re an ongoing issue and checked with service desk. My car is one of those affected and they were surprised I hadn't had a letter; also begs the question about communication between manufacturer and dealers?! :?
Anyway booked in for early next week and service manager is giving me his car. DO NOT ASSUME YOU ARE NOT AFFECTED. Phone and check. Drive safe all
Abdul
When did you order the car Abdul and when did you recieve it, any harm to ask what your ongoing issue is with the car
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Hi powerhouse
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2395
That gives all the details you're looking for I think. Having said that the dealership have engaged with me rather than pretending it didn't happen.
Thanks
Abdul
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Received the recall letter for this last week, has anyone had this done yet and how long did it take?
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Hi. Mine was booked in within the week and dropped off and picked up same 21st
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Whoops 21st= same day...predictive text !!
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Thanks for the reply Abdul, no time was indicated on the recall letter just have to get it booked in now.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Finally had my car in on Monday for the recall work and some other things including a software update to the ICTP system. Noticed the newer version of the ICTP has icons at the top of the screen for heated / cooled seats if fitted. They started the fuel rail work on Tuesday morning and was ready by late morning, so it looks as though it takes 2-3 hours work.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post