Maximum exhaust noise without upgrade.......?

Anything F-Type related......
JLM284

Post by JLM284 »

So I’ve had the car for a few months, love it and it still makes me smile everyday. Having played with a few settings I’ve think I’ve mananged to get the most pops and crackles from using the ‘dynamic’ mode (active exhaust on) in ‘S’ (automatic), this I understand alllows much higher revs in automatic mode and therefore gives more pops and crackles.

Does anyone have any other settings for getting maximum pops and crackles?
19MY 3.0L V6 R-DYNAMIC P340 (Auto) AWD.
Carp Grey, Fixed Spoiler, Pano Roof, 380mm Red brakes, 770w Surround sound, Flat bottom steering wheel, Climate pack, Memory seats, Cameras, Keyless, InControl Secure, Privacy Glass, Suede interior, Red seat belts.

captainham

Post by captainham »

Dynamic mode with Sport so you can go into manual, lift off around 4k rpm
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Tesco Momentum 99RON fuel helps too
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Once you’ve lifted off, very gently touch the throttle pedal.
IRR V8R
JLM284

Post by JLM284 »

Many thanks for the tips.... I’ll be trying them all out later (albeit just filled up with standard Tesco fuel).

So:

1) Is there a noticeable benefit of using premium fuel in both noise and economy and therefore is it worth the extra £?
2) In ‘dynamic’ mode in ‘sports’ auto box (moving shifter over to the left), it appears that the gear changes are still automatic, is this correct? It just seems to allow much higher revs before changes. I’ve read the manual though it’s not straightforward, it seems to suggest that you have to manually gear change and the car won’t auto change. Or is this once you start using either the +/- on the shifter or paddles. I.e. it appears on mine if I put it in ‘S’ gearbox mode it still auto changes, just allowing a higher rev range?
Carp Grey, Fixed Spoiler, Pano Roof, 380mm Red brakes, 770w Surround sound, Flat bottom steering wheel, Climate pack, Memory seats, Cameras, Keyless, InControl Secure, Privacy Glass, Suede interior, Red seat belts.
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

It depends on your settings as manual can be set for normal mode, dynamic mode or sports mode. To activate manual either use paddles or gear stick to shift. To go back to auto hold the upshift paddle in for a few seconds and it will change mode.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

Guessing i'm not allowed to post the link, but on another motoring forum Thorney Motorsport did dyno comparison runs. Tesco 99 gives about 10% bhp gains over 95 (in a m3 csl). Also gave evidence of mpg gains.
JLM284 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:20 am Many thanks for the tips.... I’ll be trying them all out later (albeit just filled up with standard Tesco fuel).

So:

1) Is there a noticeable benefit of using premium fuel in both noise and economy and therefore is it worth the extra £?
2) In ‘dynamic’ mode in ‘sports’ auto box (moving shifter over to the left), it appears that the gear changes are still automatic, is this correct? It just seems to allow much higher revs before changes. I’ve read the manual though it’s not straightforward, it seems to suggest that you have to manually gear change and the car won’t auto change. Or is this once you start using either the +/- on the shifter or paddles. I.e. it appears on mine if I put it in ‘S’ gearbox mode it still auto changes, just allowing a higher rev range?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Point 1 there's little benefit really on 99 fuel Vs normal for road use. You may get minor performance improvement. fuel economy improvement is negated by the increased cost. Biggest is the placebo effect and of course I usually use Tesco 99 :)

Point 2 the main difference is in normal mode when you enter manual changes with the paddles it will return to auto after a few seconds of not using them. It also changes up or down if you exceed parameters.
In sport it remains in manual until you change gear, with a few exceptions such as braking to a standstill
Best performance experience is in dynamic, sport, exhaust open and paddles to change. Get it rolling and you'll have pops on every upshift and some nice experiences when decelerating.
Don't forget of course that more aids you turn off and involve yourself in decisions, the more likely you are to end up in the ditch if you don't concentrate...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, what cj10jeeper said.

...and then there’s Trac DSC 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JLM284

Post by JLM284 »

Many thanks to all your replies and comments.... I've since driven most places in dynamic mode in 's' gearbox. Will be filling up with Momentum this afternoon so will see if there is any further gain.

The noise still makes me smile every time, though I understand from others that it is much louder on the outside than from within the cabin. None the less, I don't think I will ever bore of the snorts and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post