Copying the Ceramic Brake Kit look on a non ceramic brake set

Anything F-Type related......
cerealuk

Post by cerealuk »

I'm currently shopping for a F-Type and having seem one today with the Carbon Ceramic bake kit I've fallen in love with the look but am nervous about the costs associated should i have any problems with them (also if I am not mistaken it appears that its about £3,000 for a set of pads alone!)

I'm wondering how hard it would be to copy the look by changing the callipers on a non ceramic set to be the same colour yellow and then getting hold of a set of the storm alloys.

The alloys seem easy to source, I'm just not sure how i would go about the callipers? do i just buy a cover or do i need to buy the whole calliper or pain the existing? Am i missing anything obvious here? :)

Cheers!

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

paint the existing but tbh not really worth it..the storm alloys yes but i would be more inclined to fit a set of drilled and grooved 2 pce discs and have the calipers painted
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

For road use the ceramics are not really suitable - bit grabby around town - look the dog's but will drain your wallet at some point for sure.

Having driven an SVR on steels - which the Jaguar performance driver said he had specified - decent size standard brakes are really no issue.

With ceramics you're inviting the car behind to get acquainted with your boot if you use them in anger.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cerealuk

Post by cerealuk »

Gasman2 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 am paint the existing but tbh not really worth it..the storm alloys yes but i would be more inclined to fit a set of drilled and grooved 2 pce discs and have the calipers painted
can you use drilled discs with the OEM callipers? any recommendation of which to look at?

I've pretty much ruled out the Ceramics now i think, only benefit i see is visuals but if I can achieve the same effect on OEMs (even if i have to spend some money on discs and calliper work it seems a safer option.
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Yes a fulll set front and rear around 2200
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello,

I’ve just had my calipers professionally painted by BCS in Nottingham. Removed, stripped, cast smoothed & high end painted in Candy Apple Red. Have also replaced the wheel centre-caps with black growler. Against the white/Black monochrome scheme, the calipers look fantastic!

7926A135-609A-46BC-8E07-0F54143402D2.jpeg

The attachment 7926A135-609A-46BC-8E07-0F54143402D2.jpeg is no longer available
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Did mine in orange:

Colin W

Post by Colin W »

Orange looks great Gibbo - where did you get them painted at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
basher

Post by basher »

+1 from me too Gibbo. Fantastic looking car, and orange/blue combo really "pops".
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

I had them done by Unique Detail:
http://www.unique-detail.co.uk/

Ask for Andy Parsons and say Gibbo sent you. ;)

Done whilst I wait and only £300 :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post